NIF Portugal

Hey! Do you know any organisations that have guaranteed time of making NIF? i really need it fast from the moment i apply, maybe there are even options with return of money if its delayed?
thanks)

Lawyers can get them in about 2-4 days. But you will pay $$$$.

I donā€™t think anyone would offer you a refund for delay as any ā€˜expeditorā€™ firm are dependent on the PT tax offices and not in control of them.
Anyway, the fastest online option seems to be bordr who promise to give you a NIF in 1 week for EUR150.
NIFonline is roughly twice cheaper and have a longer ETA of 20 business days (if I am not mistaken).
The most expensive but possibly the fastest would be your PT GV lawyer, but they may charge EUR500 or higher.

For now i found only e-residence website that offers money return, if i dont get my nif in 15 day. Did someone work with them?

Hiya - newbie here. Family of 2 adults and one 16 year old in NZ. Can I just get a NIF to start out with remotely via nifonline or bordr and organize the other 2 when we get to PT or is it advisable to get all 3 straight away? Looking at permanent residency down the track ā€¦ :woman_farmer: :man_farmer:

2nd question is can we apply for the D7 once we arrive in PT or does that have to be done beforehand?

Thanks in advance - any comments welcomed!

Cheers,
Vinnie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everyone needs their own NIF, should just get them all to start with.

D7 needs to be applied for in country of current residence, cannot be obtained within Portugal.

1 Like

My recommendation is to obtain all 3 NIFs remotely. There is no advantage for you in physically being in PT when you apply for NIF, as you would still need a local PT-based tax rep for each applicant.
All the online NIF intermediaries known on this forum will act as such reps. I had good experience with Nifonline last year.

2 Likes

All good - I ordered my one last night just to get the ball rolling. 2 to go then ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, Iā€™m new here. I was wondering about the yearly fee with NIFonline. Iā€™m looking into getting my NIF online in order to start processing my work contract remotely, however I will be moving to PT permanently in few months time. I understand the yearly fee is to ā€œkeep a representativeā€, in case someone doesnā€™t and wonā€™t live in PT? Would I be able to opt out of the yearly fee once I move to PT? If so, how?

Hi Debora,

Yes, itā€™s possible to opt out if you donā€™t need the fiscal representation anymore. Iā€™d recommend getting in touch with them directly for details how to do it.

2 Likes

hello how can i have this NIF certificate thanks for your help

There are various ways to get a NIF:

• If you have a Portuguese fiscal representative, itā€™s possible to apply on ePortugal website (you need to insert the representativeā€™s NIF to apply).
  • You can use a Portuguese lawyer to get a NIFā€”prices are usually ā‚¬150 + VAT upwards.
  • You can use an online service provider like NIFonlineā€”the price is ā‚¬73.68 and you get fiscal representation as well. Using code ā€œnomadgateā€ at the checkout gives you 10% off.
2 Likes

hi there - very helpful - so how did you hand the need for a fiscal representative? do they just charge you for that? thanks!
pat

According to this announcement from July 2022, it looks like we do not need to appoint a tax representative if we are outside the EU and do not have any tax obligations.

That is true, having a continuous fiscal representative is not a requirement anymore, but it seems it may still be necessary to apply for the NIF in the first place. After that, itā€™s possible to opt for electronic notifications.

Youā€™ll find more information about this in our article: https://nomadgate.com/portuguese-tax-representation-no-longer-required-for-non-eu-residents/