Novo bank with no online account access

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Novo Bank? I have taken RE route for Portugal GV and my lawyer have opened a bank account with Novo Banco.

While talking to bank rep. for setting up online access, I was told that I will only have branch access to the bank account no online account access will be provided.

Does anyone have similar experience with either Novo Banco or any other bank? I don’t feel comfortable here specially with the huge amount of money that will be transferred and you’ll have no visibility inside the account.

Thanks

That sounds unpleasant. I would move to a different bank.

I have an account with Novo Bank. I’m not sure about their website (I’ve never looked at it), but they have an app that does everything - bank transfers, paying people (in Portugal and international). I’m pretty happy with them. When i set up the account, they gave me all the info about the app and encouraged me to use it (i got the sense that they’re trying to move everyone to using it, so they have fewer people coming into the branches), so I’m not sure why they won’t give you online access. I would ask them why you don’t have access to online banking, it sounds very odd to me.

I got an account in Novo Banco, and they provide both online access and the mobile app. No idea why they don’t let you use it…

It’s weird, the rep. said the attorney instructed to not provide any online access to the account.

Hmm, I would want to discuss that with the lawyer right away! I think that an explanation is needed.