Portugal PM resigns over corruption probe

They could have been voting against it for other reasons than just the NHR, we will see I guess…

2 Likes

surprised no one’s seen this yet:

1 Like

Seen it? I posted it a day ago mate :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s a good summary of the situation as it currently stands, I think!

ooops… see what I get for reading while eating…

2 Likes

The difference being how the person replying responds, with a “fact check” or otherwise.

Elections will be held on 10th March

Indeed…

Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa dissolves the Assembly of the Republic and sets elections for March 10, 2024

The President of the Republic announced that he decided to dissolve the Assembly of the Republic and called early elections for March 10th of next year.

Sounds like Marcelo wants the budget to still go ahead as planned, hence the March elections. Probably not good news for the NHR…

From Expresso:

Budget approved, only then is there dissolution

One of the arguments for the presidential decision is that there should be a “prior vote on the State Budget for 2024” even before the dissolution of the Assembly of the Republic is formalized.

“The approval of the budget will allow to meet the expectations of many Portuguese and monitor the implementation of the PRR that does not stop and cannot stop, with the passage of the government to the management government or with the dissolution of the Assembly of the Republic,” he described.

Similar from Eco…

And he will let the State Budget for 2024 pass before signing and publishing the presidential decree that formalizes the acceptance of Prime Minister António Costa’s resignation. “I want to guarantee a prior vote on the State Budget for 2024, before formalizing the prime minister’s dismissal.”

I wonder if they are being pushed by the eu to get rid of nhr…

Prime Minister addresses nation for second time over corruption probe - Portugal Resident