Portuguese Citizenship application after 5 years of Golden Visa

Dear all;

I’ve talked to my lawyers about citizenship applications after 5 years and let me share what I’ve heard as it might be useful for some. The documentation that will be required is as below.

• A valid Portugal residency title;
• A birth certificate (full transcript) issued no longer than 6 months before being submitted, duly legalized;
• Proof of having a basic knowledge of the Portuguese language (CEFR A2 level);
• Criminal record certificates issued by the countries of birth, nationality and residence of all the countries the applicant has lived in since turning 16 years old, duly legalized;
• Proof of legal residency of Portugal (Official Declaration that we will request on your behalf);
• A valid passport;
• Power of attorney.

• proof stays for the cards…
    Technical note: One has to spend 5 weeks in Portugal for 5 years of residency. I was told that for the last 2 weeks to be counted, the last resideny card hast to be issued… This removes the possibility of simply completing the 5 years with extensions, you would need all three cards to be issued. However the extensions can be used to fill in for the gaps between renewals.

I was also told that having a

• NIF,
  • Número de Utente
  • Bank Account is sufficient to prove the connection to the Portuguese community

I was able to get numero de utente during Covid - when people could get it via email by providing the necessary information such as name, birthdate, nationality, passport number, residency number, email, phone number and NIF.

My lawyers also stated that they could get it on my behalf (though with a fee)

I did get the numero de utente from the below email
lxcentral.inscricoes@arslvt.min-saude.pt.

Hope this helps some

13 Likes