Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

Me and My family done bio in early Feb 2022 in Coimbra I got my first card in hand in July and family in Aug .I think Coimbra is very fast fast .they even didnā€™t ask for any updated Doc

2 Likes

Any updates for people who have done their biometrics in Azores? Any movement towards final approvals??

1 Like

Any luck with final approvals?

1 Like

Still nothing for us, biometrics in Azores in November 2021. Initial documents were submitted November 2020 after we purchased a building in Porto.

Our attorney has suggested we sue. Iā€™m going to write a few letters before we take that step. My hunch is our files havenā€™t been touched since our biometrics appointment and are sitting in a file cabinet there.

Another thought was just going back to the Azores office and attempt to see someone without an appointment. Itā€™s a tiny office and perhaps if I just loitered for a few days theyā€™d take pity and try to help.

6 Likes

You are very lucky indeed. Congratulations! Mine was done in Lisbon, so no news at all! :pensive:

3 Likes

It is unreasonable, too long indeed for your case.

2 Likes

FYI, from our Azores attorney, fwiw.

I can inform you that the SEF of Ponta Delgada is experiencing huge delays as it has made many calls and has very few staff

2 Likes

Wow, any reason why itā€™s taking so long? Which company did you go with for the GV?

3 Likes

It seems that taking it to the court is the only solution to at least get things moving. Iā€™m considering this option too in case I get no update by the end of September.

2 Likes

We also did biometrics in Azores in November 2021, the week of Thanksgiving. Our lawyers (Mercan) totally dropped the ball and didnā€™t translate and submit our paperwork, which we brought with us to the appointment. We had to get our FBI clearances again. Obviously I was quite pissed about it. At least I know someone in Azores looked at our file to tell Mercan we were missing stuff. But we have heard nothing since then.
Would suing help? If they donā€™t have people to do the work they donā€™t have people to do the work. I donā€™t expect anything from immigration tbh. US immigration sucks too. My husband has been waiting on his global entry conditional approval for six months with not a peep from CBP, no information at all, and no way to get any information about it. I, OTOH, got my conditional approval the morning after I submitted my application and have received my trusted traveler number (and used it already).

Edit: we were informed of the missing documents in January. Submmitted them in February, Mercan didnā€™t get them submitted to SEF until end of March/beginning of April as best we can tell. So four months delay due to their incompetence.

1 Like

I had bio in Lisbon 12/29/21 and got notice to pay on 7/4/22 and card on 7/31/22

9 Likes

Congratulations! Thank you for your valuable information for our reference. That means it took 6 months and 6 days for Lisbon SEF to issue the notice to pay. Unfortunately, I have waited for near 7 months now but there is still no news from SEF. My wife and I feel frustrated indeed! :pensive:

1 Like

ā€¦and my spouse had boi in Coimbra the first week in January, and still no card. We were told that they process in Coimbra, but then have to send to Lisbon (where I had my app and bio) for additional processing under family reunification. So we are 9 months out almost to the day and still waiting.

1 Like

My apologies is this has been answered before; I figured those who went through the biometric process recently would have the best information.

Is there any sort of dress code for SEF biometric appointments?

I have been to other countries immigration offices where people are turned away if they are wearing shorts or open toe shoes, for example. I do not really want to subject my young kids to Wes less comfortable clothes while waiting in line for our appointment if possible.

Thank you for whatever information you might have on this.

Well I have done this twice - the most recent one being in 2019 :stuck_out_tongue: but I donā€™t think there is a speacial dress code. In the end they will take a photo ā€œbiometricā€ photo of you in front of a white wallā€¦ Therefore other than anything too extreme, I donā€™t think there will much to worry about. In both cases I went in there with jeans and t-shirt - but I donā€™t think they would mind if I had shorts. It is more like the security camera photo at the customs. You remove sun-glasses, mask, cap and likesā€¦

Still you may want to hear more recent casesā€¦

PS: It is always best to check these stuff with local lawyers - they would also have seen many cases.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Hi , i have been waiting 10 months now after biometrics done in azores and im the only applicant. how come it is taking so long ? anyone been waiting that long ?

10 momths is indeed too long. My wife and I have been waiting for 7.5 months now. My biometric was done in Lisbon.

Just heard someone who did biometrics in Lisbon in Jan this year received approval this week, still waiting for cards.

1 Like

We did biometrics in azores in November. So yeah about 10 months here too and no visas yet.

1 Like