Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3)

Thanks Jack,
Good to know, since my biometric appt is on Aug 29th, hopefully it will make it before I am there :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, automatic renewal applies to other residence permits (e.g. employment based) but explicitly does NOT include investment based permits.

1 Like

Your attorney should be able to answer that question. As knowledgeable as folks seem to be on this forum I’m not sure if I would RELY on that to make such a major decision, but that is just me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone have any news about appointments for Biometrics openning up?

It should be around November they will announce the new appointments availability.

3 Likes

Hey, where did you hear about the November announcement - is it an expectation or an announced timeline?

Just based on past experience with sef .

3 Likes

I agree with this expectation, they should open by mid October / early November for 2023 bookings for October 2021 and later pre approvals.

1 Like

I trust you meant to say “for October 2021 and later submissions

2 Likes

Thanks that’s exactly what I meant. I have edited my post.

I’ve just received an email from lawyer that my case was finally approved and another email about paying fees before card is issued.

Here is my time line:

• 04/2020: GV application was submited in Sef Lisbon
  • 06/2020: Pre-approval
  • 02/2022: Biometric Porto
  • 08/2022: Approved and Instruction of payment

This is for me as a main applicant. Some family members have not even done the biometric yet. So, not sure how things will develop…

Best of luck to all of us…

13 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Great! When did you get your pre- approval?

I wrote clearly there my friend. My pre-approve was in 06/2020

2 Likes

GV filed August 18, 2021
Pre approval November 2021
biometrics August 18, 2022

Lawyer says expect to wait up to a year for approval and card issuance. Anyone else hearing a similar timeline for card issuance?

Biometrics in April 2022 in Lisbon. Still waiting since then.

what location did your bio? From various posts on this topic, it sounds as if each SEF office has a different timeline.

I and family, finally got our Biometrics completed yesterday at the Lisbon office.
Everything went of smoothly, as all the documents were current and in order.
Our lawyer went in an hour earlier, and then called us in so that we could give in our biometrics.
The only thing they asked seperately, was for our boarding passes/ immigration stamps, which we were carrying with us.
We were also informed that we should be getting our cards within 2-3 months.
We submitted our application July last year, so its taken us 13 odd months to reach this stage.
Wishing all waiting that your applications get processed speedily!

8 Likes

Hey Vidurchhabra, congrats

It is great to hear things went off smoothly - I am surprised with the 2-3 months timing, who provided this timeline?

Normally Lisbon offices have been the slowest to process the applications.
Regards

Thank you.
I can only hope that the time line for getting the card is adhered too, since the submitted documentation were in order. However considering the past, I am slso ready to take the stated timeline with a big pinch of salt!
Will keep you posted