Studying Portuguese online

You can take the A1 and A2 tests whenever you are ready, so getting it done earlier would probably help. One, you will have satisfied the requirement so it won’t be hanging over your head and two, you will be able to use Portuguese in your visits to Portugal.

2 Likes

Hi. Newish D7 resident in PT here. Currently taking an excellent class at UMinho which will qualify me same as test (assuming I pass all parts at end of this semester of course) but I did take test once in US just to see how difficult it was. I was only using Memrise at the time and while I completed the entire course within app it was not sufficient to pass test. Memrise is good for learning words but teaches no language structure or grammar. Practice Portuguese teaches those as well. Just like my university class there is a written, oral and oral comprehension section to the test. There is a sample test at the caple site. Especially if you don’t already speak a romance language it is helpful. I probably could pass A2 test now but that is months after attending uni classes and being here in PT.

1 Like