The Ultimate Guide to Estonian E-residency, Banking, and Taxes

Great article Thomas, plenty of useful information.

I’m still working in some alternatives and studying if Estonian e-residency would be beneficial on my needs. I was hoping you could shed some light after yours years using it.

I’m a permanent traveller, usually spending no more than 3 months on each country I visit performing my activities of independent consultant.

As consultant I get paid on my TransferWise account by companies in “X” countries to perform activities on another countries. So in the end I have no ties with any country.

As I live nowhere, I’m planning to maybe get an e-residency on Estonia more to have a Legal Address and use it on TransferWise, so I could use more of their tools, which I currently can’t as my registered address is on my home country that allows me only Borderless account, and perhaps use this address for everything I may need address to.

Based on your experience, would be possible and even valid, to have e-residency and legal address, to act as Freelancer for my independent consultancy? I assume I would have to open a company where I’m the only employee, and then all income I receive on my TransferWise account could be left on TransferWise, or even moved to my home country for monthly expenses, but any idea how would be Estonia taxation in this scenario?

Thanks a lot!
Henry