What decide START and END DATES when you MOVE COUNTRY?

Say I live in Denmark and get a contract for a Maldonia client. What decides the start and end date of residing or working in Maldonia?

The purpose is of course to control Tax Residency for Global Income.

These are for contracts where there is some freedom to say where I am actually working and when the period starts or ends.
(Days spent can perhaps also be important, but the question is about start/end)

Your official residency will not change because you have a client in another country, assuming you work in Denmark.
If you travek to Maldonia to do the work, then the dates are your travel dates.

I am assuming that is a full-time contract between on-site and fully remote.

And I think keeping track of travel is if I want to claim I spend most of my time in Denmark.

Each country has its own definition of tax residence, but:

• in the EU you will usually be considered tax-resident in the country where you spend more than 6 months a year
  • you will normally remain tax-resident in your home country if you spend less than 6 months a year in another EU country.

In most countries tax residence depends on the facts - you would likely need to make a clean break from Denmark.

You have to check the tax rules in Denmark to see if you meet its conditions for becoming non-resident, and you have to check the tax treaty between Denmark and Maldonia for any special rules for example covering posted workers.

You also have to consider the tax rules in Maldonia.

You could start here: Search results

Good luck in Maldonia!

The idea is to do enough to move tax residency to Maldonia without actually living there. I have quite a few offers for partially remote contracts In Maldonia, Germany, and other countries that can be interesting if there is some tax advantage, which seems to mean changing global tax residency.

You need to look at the rules for becoming non resident in Denmark
and the rules for becoming tax resident in Maldonia
The two are quite separate
You can be world non resident and it is confusing to relate residency in country A with presence in country B. It may be relevant for ties and may be relevant for some countries but there is no generalisation