Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

Thank you @Onward for compiling the info.

Please add me for biometrics in Portimão, Thursday April 13th. ;<)

1 Like

Curious to know if SEF required any updated documents such as another background check between biometrics and approval? If everything required was current and submitted as of the biometrics appointment do they typically ask for updated information due to taking a year to complete their process?

1 Like

I did biometrics in Lisbon on February 7 2023. All required documents were previously submitted but my lawyer brought them all again to the appointment along with an updated apostilled FBI background check, a new certified copy of my passport, and an apostilled copy of my Social Security card (apparently for US tax ID). I’m a bit worried to read comments from people who discovered that the SEF had emailed their lawyer asking for some document or another after the biometrics, is that customary?

I believe if you get a certain piece of paper they are saying they’ll need something more within a few weeks

If you get a different piece of paper they’re happy with everything you’ve given them and don’t need more

In my own case, at the end of the biometrics, SEF provided a “Recibo comprovativo de pedido de [name]” to the lawyers/me and this document had my official application number, name, date of birth, and location of biometrics. It also lists the documents that SEF are still missing, and which have to be sent within 20 days to SEF - ie if there is something they anticipate should be sent to them to complete the file.

The post of @jameshkchan was worrying. But @jameshkchan goes on to say that when the missing documents were sent to SEF, they sent a letter (“Recibo”) to confirm receipt.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that SEF likely told the lawyers what was missing at the end of the biometrics appointment and/or gave a Recibo de comprovativo to the lawyers, but that James’ lawyers failed to follow-up/send the docs. SEF sent the Recibo when they had received the required docs, thus signalling/signing their acknowledgement/proof that they had a complete application.

If you are worried that there is something missing in your application, I would check with your lawyers that they have this “Recibo…” and read it to see whether anything was listed as missing. This information should (hopefully) reassure you…

Thank you! Very helpful
Norris

How do I add mine? i did biometrics in Coimbra on 23/2/23

Will add. Like Chris, I use the information reported on this thread.

1 Like

17/01/2023 We did it in Coimbra, we are waiting

Is anyone tracking coimbra?

1 Like

Family of 3, biometrics in Faro 16/2/23 and waiting

1 Like

@Onward Faro Biometrics on March 29, 2023 x4

Updated table of dates of biometrics and location (non Lisbon locations) below.

3 Likes

Main investor and spouse, biometrics in Porto January 31,2023.

2 Likes

13, not 15 for my wife and I

Thanks. Corrected!

On this thread we should focus on the date of issue of resident cards, delays and payment issues.

I would request members to post details of their biometrics with SEF on the following thread.

1 Like

That’s generally correct @rbook12.
However, to answer the question on which SEF is fastest and slowest these days, @cj807 & I have been updating tables on the waiting time to issue cards (data obtained from the SEF appointment thread + here) and those who have not seen their data included in our tables have provided detail here (or via PM) to facilitate their inclusion, to the benefit of all.
In the past week, I have appreciated this as it has saved me the tedium of re-checking all the 2023 SEF appointment posts in the other thread, to catch missed data.

Honestly, these threads are kind of a mess. There are basically five stages to the ARI:

1. Preparing application
  2. Waiting for Pre-Approval
  3. Waiting for Biometrics Appointment
  4. Waiting for Final Approval
  5. ARI holders waiting for renewals, permanent residency or citizenship

So we have three slightly confusingly-named threads:

• “SEF Pre-Approval: Sharing Status” - ie Stage 2
  • “SEF Appointment: Sharing Status(?)” - ie Stage 3
  • “Processing time from biometrics to resident card?” - ie Stage 4

So I reckon if you’re in Stage 4, and you feel like mentioning when you had your biometrics, this seems the right place.

5 Likes

Add me to that list. 11 Jan 2023 in Faro for biometrics. Awaiting approval now. I’ll share my detailed timeline as a separate post shortly.

2 Likes