Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

It would actually be nice adding the stages to the tiles of the threads

3 Likes

OK, I’ve changed the titles:

• SEF Pre-Approval : Sharing Status => Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)
  • SEF Appointment: Sharing Status (?) => Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3)
  • Processing time from biometrics to resident card? => Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)
  • Biometrics for Renewals => ARI Holders (Stage 5)

Can change them back if inappropriate. @tkrunning fyi

7 Likes

Thanks Chris for listing out the main 5 stages.
My suggestion again is that members who get the appointment for biometrics should comment in Stage 3- Awaiting Biometrics
And members who get the Final approval should comment in Stage 4

M-n-G appreciate your efforts in updating the tables. If possible, can it be made simpler so members can update the table themselves online

My concern is that with so many mails, the forum may get over crowded and members may have difficulty in searching for many great data points and updates which the forum provides.

If people prefer, they can private-message me (@cj807) with Lisbon info, or @Onward for other SEF locations.

Agree. There is a main database. But it is clear that this community prefers to see how personal data contributes to overall timelines.
And of course, those of us who have been here quite a while are used to the “old” titles…! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello, Just to add to the database, here are my dates:

Bio 26 Feb for three of us (me, wife, son) in Faro. We are waiting for our approval, have not received any updates since. Thanks.

1 Like

Well, that increases the Faro numbers! Good choice! Not to mention that @garrett & @jjimz were getting lonely…
Earlier info removed and update below.

(Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4) - #554 by Onward)

At least before automatic renewals, I believe stage 5. renewals consisted of rehashing most of the first 4 steps: every renewal had to be prepared, pre-approved, needed biometrics, and then finally approved.

I assume the same is true of permanent residency.

Not sure about the citizenship process - maybe that requires less in the way of biometrics, but I believe has stricter documentation requirements, e.g. criminal record from every country you’ve ever lived, and overall has a longer processing time ~2 years.

Lisbon SEF update for those keeping score at home: awaiting news from the July 2022 cohort. DM me with updates.

[updated 19 May]

4 Likes

can you add me for LIS , finger printing done on 9th Oct 2022

1 Like

For the database: Bio 9 April 2022, Portimao, Fees paid 10 May 2023

2 Likes

It is great to see so many people on the forum having had biometrics appointments!

2 Likes

Aug 24th, 2022 was my biometrics (primary). In Lisbon. Still no news.

2 Likes

Please add us: Biometrics for two in Lisbon on 4 Jan and 6 Jan 2023

Please add us: family of 4 (me + wife + 2 kids) biometric at 19 October 2022 in Lisbon

1 Like

Can you provide anymore details about your timeline? We had our biometrics in Jan 2023 in Portimao and were quoted 3 to 6 months multiple times. Applied November 2021 and pre approval July 2022.

Our application is for family reunification (my husband already received his GV pre-covid). There was a long delay for submission of the application due to difficulties with getting all the required docs apostilled during covid. Pre-approval was 7 Jan 2022, biometrics 9 August 2022, fees paid 10 May 2023. Hopefully we receive the cards very soon

5 Likes

One more for the Lisbon db! Family of three, biometrics on 08 Aug 2022.

1 Like

Thank you for putting these data points together. Is this list different from Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4) - #60 by loheiman ?

They’re separate, although I suspect there’s some overlap. When I did my biometrics, I looked at loheiman’s database to gauge the likely wait time, but could only find five entries for someone who’d done biometrics in Lisbon and had received final approval. So I searched posts in the various forums for more examples and came up with 20+ cases. Hence my table.

1 Like