Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Awhile back I asked the moderators to create a “sticky” for that thread/post (Portugal Golden Visa Timeline Database) so that it would always appear at the top of the thread list. I did receive a reply and was instructed how to create a sticky myself, but I don’t believe others see it - nor does it keep the thread at the top.

@tkrunning , can you possibly look at this functionality again? In other online forums (example: the flyertalk.com forums), there is a way to designate certain threads to always appear at the top of a thread list.

2 Likes

The first post does have a list of all the links from this thread, which is relatively easy to access by scrolling to post 1. Much easier than scrolling through them all to find individual links or photos.

I was studying the spreadsheet. Such a useful document. Helped calm me down and also managed my expectations.
Can someone explain the timelines for the rows 147 and 149? Perhaps just wrong data entries. If not, what is this magic? :slight_smile:

I think it’s obviously a wrong data entered by mistake. Should be removed.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, here’s latest from my lawyers:

"Kindly note that since yesterday, we have been receiving the pre-approval of clients submitted in December, which is good news.

In this view, we know that the analysis of applications has not “stopped”, they are dealing with a lot of applications submitted at the same time.

Regarding SEF’S strike, there is no official information until this moment."

6 Likes

An update for those continuing to wait: applications submitted Dec 10 and 12, 2021, and pre-approved Dec 11, 2022.

9 Likes

Golden visa investment up 40% - The Portugal News

1 Like

The administrator of the spreadsheet will correct the spreadsheet if there are obvious mistakes, but you have to ask them. I wish people were more diligent about keeping the spreadsheet up to date, it would benefit a lot of us.

1 Like

December 2022 or 2021? :rofl:

So glad to have found this forum! I have been waiting in the dark for almost a year with no explanation from the SEF. I’m so happy to find people who share the same situation with me, so I just want to thank everyone who is in this forum!! Hang in there my friends!

6 Likes

Application submitted and fee paid Dec 3021
Pre-approval February 2022
E-mail for bio-metric appointment 12/16
Bio-metric appt. Scheduled for 1/5/2023 in Porto

2 Likes

Wow! I made my Golden Visa application in December 2021, and I haven’t even been preapproved yet! I would appreciate comments and advice from the forum members.

Wendy

1 Like

Same situation submitted 15 Dec 2021 not pre-approved yet.

Giving the exact date of the month when the application was submitted/paid for, is helpful. There appears to have been a huge number of applications made in Dec 2021, to get in before the change in rules that made Lisbon and Porto locations ineligible for GV applications in 2022. SEF now seem to be chronologically processing the Dec 21 applications, a task which has not been helped by the current SEF reorganization to the new entity that will take over (Agência Portuguesa para as Migrações e Asilo -APMA) . Many SEF personnel have sought, or been shifted to, other posts.

The exact date of the application submission & payment in December 21 matters. The google docs excel file (sort by date of submission) and the timelines that posters provide in this forum, suggest that pre-approval is slowly trickling forward and so far has been achieved for applications up to 12 dec 2021. I dont remember seeing pre-approvals thereafter…

4 Likes

Stop apologizing for the SEF. Other visas don’t suffer year+ long waits. It’s just them intentionally sandbagging investor visas because they don’t like us.

4 Likes

Finally, there is movement on Biometric Appointment scheduling front:

• Applications Submitted: 10th Oct 2021 - Primary, 19th Oct 2021 - Spouse
  • Pre-Approval: 8th Mar 2022 - Primary, 28th Jan 2022 - Spouse (yes, you are reading it right!)
  • Biometric appointment notifications received: 16th Dec 2022 (Both Primary and Spouse)
  • Biometric appointments scheduled: 18th Jan 2023 (Both Primary and Spouse), in Lisbon

Hopefully this will bring some renewed hope to my fellow co-sufferers of the infinite wait! :slight_smile:

That’s quick! Hopefully this is the sign of better things on the horizon!

SMoran - how did you get pre-approval in 2 months?

1 Like

Honestly I have no idea. Luck? I didn’t even realize how lucky it was until I found this website because I naively thought I would get a biometrics soon after and instead complete silence until this last week. Applied in Lisbon and my biometrics is in Porto.

Yes, I think I fell into a lucky place when I applied. With such a gas pre-approval I had naively thought we would be getting a residence card by now. It’s definitely a waiting game with no strategy that I can surmise…

1 Like