Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

A friend that applied on the last week of December 21’ got an approval.

4 Likes

that’s good to hear @syrenity.

are the applications sent to different offices across portugal for processing? are some offices further ahead than others in terms of processing?

Hi all… let me keep the thread rolling…
Application date: 17 Dec 2021
Pre-approval date: 6 Feb 2023
May I ask what is the expected time for SEF to “Notify” me for fingerprint… and after notification, how long before the actual fingerprint please?

6 Likes

great news kevinleung@.

post pre-approval, i am told your lawyer has to schedule the fingerprint appointment by logging into some portal they have access to. could be wrong about this … hope someone on the thread can confirm / correct my statement.

timelines seem to be: 6 months for the biometrics appt, and then another very long time before the permanent resident cards are mailed to us. i personally know of someone who got their biometrics done in august 2021 but are still waiting for their permanent resident cards.

Great news Kevin! After pre-approval, the thread for posting SEF appointments is here: Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3). What happens is that your lawyer gets an email from SEF stating that the calendar is open, and inviting your lawyer to choose the dates/location for an interview + biometrics. You also get an email from SEF if you have direct access to the ARI portal. On your chosen date, your lawyer will need to attend with a complete set of updated (apostilled) and original documents, and you must attend for the biometrics.
In mid-Dec 22, appointments opened for Q1 2023 for those who had already applied during Oct/Nov 21. It is anticipated that by mid-March 23, SEF will invite Dec 21 (& early 2022) applicants to choose dates for biometrics Q2 2023. This is a guess.
Best to choose dates that allow you to obtain your refreshed documents before the appointment.

Difficult to guess timelines between appointments and card receipt, and timelines may change (for the better, we hope). Best to follow timelines here: Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4) or on the Excel file (Portugal Golden Visa Timeline Database).

4 Likes

I thought 2022 the system was closed for new applications till June. So it may just open for Drc Allicants and then may startagain for Jun’22 applucants later in the year

Yes. But some got in before the halt, and paper applications were made.

1 Like

And I’m still waiting( applied at the beginning of Dec’21.

4 Likes

Oh! I didnt know that was even possible. Thanks for the info

See: Portal ARI unavailable for new applications - #8 by Hutch and 2022 changes applied? - #14 by madalenamonteiro (explaining as a lawyer in charge of applications how she was dealing with the situation).
We do not know how postal applications have been dealt with after the portal opened (ie whether they had to be resubmitted after the portal was up) and whether they were assigned some chronological order.
There certainly will be bunching around June 2022 (as there was for Dec 21) - the June-22 being SEF-created, and the Dec-21 investor-driven.

2 Likes

Portugal Professional Views on Golden Visa Online Renewals - The Portugal News

2 Likes

Anyone else got approved this week🥺?

Husband just got his this morning, applied December 22, 2021. I applied on the same day and waiting for mine.

12 Likes

This is great news! Congrats :confetti_ball::tada:

2 Likes

You should submit this to the application timeline database if you haven’t already! Though it looks like it hasn’t been updated in a few weeks.

4 Likes

I tried many times before, but the form doesn’t allow new submissions, and I was not motivated to request from the owner. I assume everyone else had that problem as well.

3 Likes

I have the same issue

1 Like

Are there any news? Did anybody receive pre-approval last days?

1 Like

My lawyer advised they had a pre-approval on Monday for someone who applied 2021/12/17.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I’m losing hope(

4 Likes