Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Such a joke this takes so long and the digital nomad visas are practically approved instantly

4 Likes

There’s a possibility that the delay is intentional, to scare off investors. Just my thought.

2 Likes

SEF restructuring to be completed in March? - The Portugal News

2 Likes

Golden visas in the balance - The Portugal News.

1 Like
4 Likes

My attorney submitted 2021/12/16 and today I saw this for Status of Application: “Awaiting Shipment” which then changed to “Awaiting Application Submission.” Has anyone seen this or have any idea what this means?
Thank you!

Wow this is scary😧 is sef scraping applications?

4 Likes

It probably means some documents were found ‘missing’ and it went to pre-submission status allowing for uploading of the documents? Do you see if the upload section re-opened?

3 Likes

UPDATE: I found out that “Awaiting Shipment” indicates my case is currently under review (for pre-approval) and my lawyer must resubmit my translated FBI Criminal Record. I don’t need to provide a current record (I guess) until the Biometrics appointment.

I also need to spend another 140 Euros for the translation, plus it takes a couple of days. However, if it means I’m close, and by extension my husband, to the next step, I’m thrilled.

4 Likes

Im surprised more arent responding to this. I was forwarded a similar article and reading it, it sounds as if the PGV is all over save for those residing there permanently, or with directly owned rental properties. We have never had nor know how to get SEF access, but been waiting 14 months…

It’s being discussed extensively at https://community.nomadgate.com/t/portugal-likely-to-scrap-much-criticised-golden-visa-scheme-pm-says

3 Likes

In the tumult of PT government’s decision, did anyone get pre approved?

4 Likes

This is interesting, if low on details: SEF prepares new model to regularise situation of thousands of immigrants before handing over to APMA - Portugal Resident

I hope GVs are included in that program!

4 Likes

A little more background here (in portuguese): MAI admite que regularizar 150 mil imigrantes até final de março é "muito ambicioso". No explicit reference to ARI (which is a fraction of the total number of persons waiting for visa processing).
I tend to believe that the best indicator of continued “normal” function for ARI is likely to be continued pre-approvals, and no delays in opening up of further appointments for SEF biometrics in late March.
The next month will be unpredictable, until after a final written draft is submitted to Parliament for a discussion/vote.

4 Likes

I have a biometrics appt at def Lisbon on March 15th-will keep my ears open for any news

5 Likes

Nice! When did you submit your application?

2 Likes

All the best Kari, keep us posted. I hope all goes well for your biometrics.

1 Like

Nov 2021, preapproval last June.

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I tried to update the spreadsheet shared above but it doesn’t seem to be open for editing.
I applied end Oct 2021, my husband and son a couple of weeks later. We all got pre-approval in early May 2022. Just before Christmas 2022 our lawyer was able to access the SEF bookings system and we have biometric appointments this week.

5 Likes