Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

“Just before Christmas 2021” - do you mean “Just before Christmas 2022”?

:laughing: Yes that was a typo and I edited it a few mins after I made the original post - can you not see the edit?

1 Like

Hello,
How you can check your status of application? Because only my lawyet check an let me know about improvements.

Thank you

1 Like

It is crazy how quickly pre approvals were happening right up until the rule changes were announced. People must’ve really crushed the system.

1 Like

I found my status by logging on to the SEF system here:
https://ari.sef.pt/
I don’t know if there’s another way.
I got the login for this when my application went In.
Hope this helps

3 Likes

I don’t think there were enough applications to crash the system. I think SEF just was a mess since the pandemic and Ukrainian war.

2 Likes

I dunno, applications in Oct 2021 received pre approval in May 2022. Applications a month or two later suddenly jumped to a 12+ month wait. I don’t think that was COVID.

2 Likes

SEF is still pre-approving applications.
Submitted application Dec '21, just got pre-approved - Feb '23, ~14 months

9 Likes

That’s correct. Mine was submitted late 2021 and I’m still waiting for pre-approval. I started in September, but my lawyer really dragged her feet and was a big reason my application was submitted so late.

What date did you submit your application and get pre approval? People will want to know

2 Likes

@chrisP - when in december 2021 did you submit your application? we submitted 27 dec 2021. no word yet.

Congrats. What was the full date of your application? Interesting to know how deep in the month of December SEF is.

My lawyer says they are still seeing applications from 19 Dec being processed right now.

1 Like

12/15/21 submission, 2/15/23 pre-approved

4 Likes

I just double-checked and it was December 22. I would have never ever applied if I knew this was going to take literally years to process.

9 Likes

thanks @chrisP … we are 27 dec 2021 … hope our application moves to ‘pre-approved’ soon.

– arun

3 Likes

we submitted on 27 dec 2021 … hopefully both of us are ‘pre-approved’ soon, @mark corrigan.

– arun

2 Likes

I am in the “as long as it eventually processes, I will eventually be happy” camp, as my wife and I aren’t looking to move immediately. But I can see it being a huge problem for anyone who wanted to move soon (although it would seem there are better visa options if you just want to move to PT.)

3 Likes

Submitted on the same day as you… haven’t heard back yet either

1 Like

A link that will please you on continued approvals and pre-approvals here :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Simple question: has anyone from the NomadGate community received pre-approval that was issued after the announcement of program cancellation?

Would like to hear a firsthand account, not just trust somebody who said they heard from a lawyer who heard that SEF is still pre-approving.

ExploringSFDC could be one such case, but they only listed the month, and have not responded to confirm the date of pre-approval, which would need to be after the announcements on Feb 19 to serve as evidence that pre-approvals are still happening.

2 Likes