Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

They did reply, although their pre-approval was in the 15th: Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2) - #879 by ExploringSFDC

1 Like

Hi - I was told my by lawyers I was preapproved two days ago on the 23rd, if that is helpful.

16 Likes

Congrats :confetti_ball: what is your submission date?

2 Likes

Thanks! Not 100% sure as my lawyer didn’t tell me the exact date but on or around Dec 20-21ish…

8 Likes

do you have access to your application on https://ari.sef.pt/Account/Entrada.aspx?

your lawyer should have given you information on how to access this portal.

– arun

4 Likes

I submitted the same too!

4 Likes

I just emailed SEF to beg for pre-approval / mercy. Let’s see if nothing, something good (pre approval), or something bad (punished by being moved to the back of the line), happens.

Edit: Just got an auto reply saying they will reply soon! :rofl:

what’s the email address you sent your request to?

1 Like

I did that twice and received auto reply too🤓 Guess what, they never replied !

3 Likes

not surprising

1 Like

@Hippopotamousse - My status ( which was about ~ 3 weeks ago) was “Awaiting Shipment” which meant that one of my documents needed to be translated and reloaded into the system.

This morning, checked the SEF portal and now listed as "Application Accepted. "

I’m guessing that means I’m now in the pre-approval stage. M application was submitted December 16, 2021, my husband January, 16, 2022; no update regarding his application status.

It appears SEF is approving applications after the closure announcement. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

6 Likes

Yes you’re pre-approved now. We’re both waiting for biometrics appointments now

2 Likes

Thank you @garrett for the confirmation.

Congratulations to you and all who will follow!

1 Like

My attorney indicated I can book my appointment for biometrics. However, I have no idea if my spouse was accepted.

Does anyone know how to check status of spouse? If so, info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Like

When were you pre-approved? If biometrics opened up that’s big news.

Your lawyer should be able to answer your specific question

@garrett, I was pre-approved yesterday February 28, 2023, submitted December 16, 2021; spouse submission January 20, 2022.

I found the status change on the SEF website which was also confirmed this morning by my attorneys at CMS.

With regard to my husband’s status, after poking around the site, I found it by clicking on the icon of a family, located to the right of the Application Status. Once you click on that, the details for spouse, children appears, and by clicking on the icon of a manila folder, the next window that appears has the “Situation” (right side/mid-way down) which (for us) currently lists “Under Review.”

Once I knew where to look, it was easy to navigate.

Unfortunately, no appointments open yet, but for all of us, hopefully soon.

The good news/takeaway is that SEF is approving applications post-closure.

5 Likes

Yeah appointments aren’t open for biometrics for us yet, we’re expecting march ish. I think your lawyer might have been unclear on that.

Sorry I didn’t recognize your name from yesterday haha

2 Likes

My application was pre-approved today. I applied on December 22, 2021.

17 Likes

Congrats! Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Can you tell us a more precise date in Dec? Mine was filed on 14th…heard nothing yet?
Thanks

3 Likes