Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

if referring to mark.corrigan, application date was Dec 21 2021.

i think we can only say that they are working on December 2021 apps. large variability band in terms of when apps from a particular date in December 2021 get pre approved. for all we know, there are people who submitted on Dec 1 2021 that are still waiting.

6 Likes

No worries. :wink:

As for when biometric appointments are available, correct the attorney did not mention when it will reopen.

Hopefully soon…

Seeing Dec.22 2021 application getting pre approved gave me some hope. My friends, please kindly share your good news when your approval comes, it will comforts me and I believe some others in this forum too.

4 Likes

Applied and paid on the 17th of June 2022 for pre-approval at SEF portal, still no update

1 Like

there are people who applied and paid in december 2021 that are still waiting :slight_smile: so not surprising that you are waiting as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FEVEREIRO_2023 ARI (sef.pt)

Approvals continue despite all the chaos!

7 Likes

Thanks for the info. and pleased you have at least managed the first step in a long process.
I’m in your camp. Would NEVER have tied up such a large investment sum of money if I’d known the truth of the matter back then that a +/- 5 year time line was the exception not the rule it has turned out to be. If we ever move forwards on what seems to be the whims of a system (application made 27 Dec '21) the investment timeline looks to be more a long the line of 8-10 years. Really feel duped by an entire government at this stage. :-/

6 Likes

SEF is very likely working on the applications from the last week of Dec '21 now. Try to stay optimistic…some of us applied in 2022!

(And if online renewals remain an option, the subsequent renewal processes will remain faster than you expected when you made the investment!)

7 Likes

I really enjoy your supportive and upbeat posts! :grin:

3 Likes

It is all I have at this point! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hopefully at some point in the not-too-distant future we can all gather in a bar somewhere in Lisbon and celebrate positive outcomes!

11 Likes

3 Likes

This gif is too cute :laughing:

1 Like

For the information of the community, my application was preapproved today. The application was submitted on December 16, 2021… Now my lawyer will check daily to book a SEF appointment.

Best wishes to all of us in this government process!

Wendy

Yes, I think we should meet up.when we get our residency cards and celebrate! :grin::+1:

9 Likes

Congrats!!

2 Likes

Congrats! And thanks for letting us know

1 Like

Where’s my squad of last week of Dec 2021 submitters :raising_hand_woman:t2::raising_hand_man:, hopefully we’ll get in line next week.

4 Likes

congrats to wendy morris (16 dec 2021) and mark corrigan (22 dec 2021).

i think it’s going to take SEF another 1 month to get all the dec 2021 apps done and it seems it’s a fairly wide range of submission dates - 16 dec to 22 dec; probably they are being processed by different people (different offices) and some people (offices) are ahead of others.

– arun

2 Likes

One month is a reasonable estimate. The notice given by SEF on February 17th did state that they aim for a “clean” handover to APMA, so I’m hoping that it is their wish too to clean up the backlog. At the same time, I’m expecting APMA to have a better efficiency and coordination than SEF.

5 Likes

My impression was they meant other visa applicants, not GV. Would love them to clear the entire queue this month, however!!

1 Like