Experience

Registration and submission of docs
Payment of the analysis

4 months acceptance

5 to 6 months biometrics

SEF is under a major Change.

Order is to make biometrics according to date of entry of the proccess

3 Likes

so your entire process took you about 10 months?

1 Like

(Update: 5 April, 2022) Final approval notification received on 4 April 2022. Card fee paid: 5 April 2022.

Exactly 180 days after biometrics.

4 Likes

Hi, I have gotten my title deed since December 2021 and have not been able to apply online for SEF pre-approval till date.

Is anyone facing same issue? What are you doing about it and do you know when will the portal open for new applications?

My lawyer has been very helpful and advised to submit via email until portal opens up, however it is outside their control.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

2 Likes

8 months? Isn’t that a long time? May I know when did you submit your application? We submitted ours in December 2021.

Yes. We submitted Feb 2021. Pre~approval received Oct 2021.

Anyone submitted application in December 2021 has received Pre-Approval ?
Now that SEF is busy with 10,000 Ukrainian refugees’ temporary residence visas, do you think the pre-approval process will now take more than 4-5 months (as it’s taking usually)? Thanks for any feedback/reply.

2 Likes

Yes, we have also submitted in Dec 2021, waiting patiently for the pre approval… by the looks of it, wait would be a long one I guess.

Chandra

1 Like

Applied in early December 2021 as well, no additional updates since. I keep checking this thread to see if there have been any developments but sounds like everyone is on the same boat.

Submitted Nov 11th 2021, have not had pre-approval yet :roll_eyes:

Main applicant applied August 2021, approval in January 2022, family applied in October 2021, approved in February 2022

Still waiting biometric appointment

Hi all,

Just got my official pre-approval!

Late Sept 2021: Applied
Mid Feb 2022: got a message saying my criminal record wasn’t a NATIONAL criminal record check, so had to request a new one. Submitted 2 days ago.
Beginning April 2022 (2 days after): got my pre-approval!

Also, I read in an article here that once you get the pre-approval you’re ok to move to Portugal. Is that true? Would we be able to work and live there already?

5 Likes

Congrats. Now begins the wait for biometrics. Anothe forum user raised the same issue here:

2 Likes

Our lawyer just told us today that we can live there after approval.

1 Like

May I ask if you requested the exact legislation from your lawyer regarding this right to overstay the Schengen visa after approval is granted. Presuming this is Pre-approval before biometrics appointment.

2 Likes

I didn’t ask. Sorry!

Order n. º 4473-A/2021

https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/covid-19/faqs/#1538043570153-e2e88a2a-13a0

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the info everyone! I was looking at the same FAQ that Vidor said and it mentioned access to employment contracts too, so I’m hoping this means I can work there in the summer. I also submitted my application in September 2021, but I just got my pre-approval so I think it still applies to me right?

I also don’t need a Schengen visa to enter Portugal

1 Like

Thanks. It seems to cover the main applicant who has a pending application lodged before 31 Dec 2021. Does not specify if it covers dependents added to the application after that date.

3 Likes

Our lawyers have said we can use for applicant and dependents. We are just on waiting biometrics schedule.

1 Like