Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Thanks for the all the info! I was wondering if you’re lawyer said that the rights mentioned in the article/link you sent applies to those who submitted their application in Sept 2021, but just got their pre-approval? and if it applies until we get our cards?

1 Like

Same here. I haven’t seen any November applications being approved yet. Any new updates will be appreciated!

2 Likes

update

25.10.2021 application

21.02.2022 me and my children approval

12.04.2022 my wife got approval

4 Likes

Many Congratulations!
Also it’s comforting to see that things are progressing.

3 Likes

From the timeline seems to be Pre-approval.

2 Likes

yes,pre -approval

now,We are waiting biometri

1 Like

Guessing that there are no updates since the last post. Hope the SEF transition or the budget approval will allow for new information.

1 Like

Hi Noris, mine was done on the exact same date. Please let me know if you have new updates.

2 Likes

Have you also applied in Nov? Anyo e else in the group who have applied in Nov? Please let us know if uou’ve got the pre- approval? Thanks

2 Likes

Applied/paid Nov 4th, nothing yet.

1 Like

Understand now wait will be longer as the number of applicants were very high in Nov21-Dec21.
New govt has just taken charge. SEF is going to be extinct from May and newly formed dept will look after the issue. EC has sent some new directives, specially for Russian and Belarusian citizens, family members not to be allowed under GV etc…I hope these are not applicable for already submitted applications…
So, just lets wait and watch.

2 Likes

This has already been postponed to a future date. Discussed in another thread.

Can you pl send me the link? Thanks.

1 Like
2 Likes

Applied/Paid November 4th, 2021. Pre-approval today, April 25th. Hopefully this is a good sign for the November submissions! Good luck!

8 Likes

Congratulations Seth! A good sign, and appears to confirm my lawyers’ observations - that the interrupted chronological evaluation of applications has recommenced…

3 Likes

Applied in November but my case is dead I am afraid as I come from the banned country. This is very unfortunate and unfair - I have no responsibility over the Gov’t actions in Ukraine but have to suffer because of them…

I wouldn’t give up, though. I hope your lawyer can argue that you were in the queue well before the invasion and that you can’t be held accountable for the events that have unfolded since the date of your application. In the past, Portugal has always respected the chronology of filing when applying changes to the immigration law.

I was hoping that this would be the case… But the longer this nightmare lasts the less sentiment there is in the world for Russians even those who have never been connected with the Gov’t. But I do hope - the only thing left :slight_smile: Thanks!

I know, there is much over-reaction these days. Some of it is justified considering the prevailing sentiment of many Russians in support of the invasion, but as usual everyone is going to be painted with the same wide brush stroke, so to speak. Fortunately for me, there are over 42 years in the States… :slight_smile:

Again, hopefully the Portuguese would honour the chronology of your application. Also, if you are already out of the country (i.e. Russia) and ready to move to Portugal, D7 might be another option to explore.

In either case, you might need a very passionate and articulate lawyer to argue your case. Good luck!