Can I go for Mortgages in Portugal to buy property if transfer 350K in fund for GV

Hi , I need advice . I have apply for GV and my application is pre-approve . Can I go for Mortgages in Portugal to buy property

You need to transfer at least 350k into Portugal from abroad to qualify for the GV.

If you want to take a mortgage in addition to that you can. For example, you can invest 350K in a fund and also take a mortgage to buy a 500K house on top of that. There are no upper limits on how much money you can spend :slight_smile:

But you canโ€™t transfer for example only 100K into Portugal and make up the remaining 250K with a mortgage. That would not qualify.

1 Like

thanks for info and help

Is it any harder for GV residents to get mortgages than local citizens? Or once youโ€™re a GV resident youโ€™re treated the same by the banks? Thank you!

@abhi_sudan, the short answer is yes! But ofcourse the amount has to be above the minimum amount required for the Golden Visa. In your case, you have your investment through fund so when you buy a property, you can get a mortgage upto 80% of the value at a very low and attractive rate as Portuguese resident.