D7 Portugal Visa

Hello everyone. How long can I stay absent from Portugal after my first entry with D7 Visa and waiting for the appointment with the SEF? Do I have the NIF registration before the appointment with SEF?

Residence Visa allows you to leave and re-enter twice. In 2 years of reading forums and facebook groups about non-EU citizens becoming resident in Portugal I’ve never seen a post about a problem from being absent from Portugal too long on such a visa. Best explanations on how to get both D7 (also called Type 1, or passive income) visa and initial residence permit were/are in the Files section of the ‘Americans & FriendsPT’ facebook group.

Yes, you need a NIF.

2 Likes

The D7 visa will entitle you to an initial 120 days, during which time you will need to attend a meeting with SEF. Your visa will then be updated to yearly, renewable, following a successful arrival interview with SEF.

Obrigado pela resposta. But with a lawyer the appointment with SEF is expedited?

Not necessarily, the best way to expedite the meeting is to look for a SEF office with availability…we have had clients travel to different places in order to schedule an earlier date.

Luis Teixeira da Silva

Founder and Director

image003.jpgUK office: +44 208 144 7558

PT tel: +351 965 683 054

US phone: +1 305 424 8869

E-mail : luis.dasilva@algarveseniorliving.com

UK web site : www.seniorlivingvillages.com

PT web site : www.algarveseniorliving.com

Long lets site : www.algarvelonglets.com

Skype ID: teixeiradasilva

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/teixeiradasilva/

P Before printing, think about the environment

No part of this e-mail or its contents is intended to provide tax, financial or legal advice, and any statements referring to these areas are to be considered opinion only. All recipients are encouraged to take independent tax, financial or legal advice from duly regulated sources. All information contained in this e-mail is correct to the best of our knowledge – we, our employees, consultants and associates shall not be held liable, directly or indirectly, in any way whatsoever, for any incorrect or incomplete information.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not use, distribute, copy or take any action based on it, since to do so may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete it from your system. If you do not wish to receive further e-mails from us, please respond with Unsubscribe in the subject line.

E-mail messages are not secure and attachments may contain software viruses which may damage your system. Whilst we have taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments.

image001.jpg

2 Likes

When SEF appointments could only be made by phone, people claimed having their lawyer do it resulted in a far shorter than typical wait time. Since making appointments online became available, I’ve seen no report claiming a lawyer could speed up the process.

During those 120 days you must schedule a meeting with SEF. The appointment is usually beyond the 120 days, sometimes months beyond. That’s why people are advised to make their appointment very soon after arriving with the visa.

2 Likes

D7s now include a SEF appointment where you apply for a residence permit. No expediting needed.