Experiences with Edge Internationl Lawyers, Holborn, and/or Excellium?

Hi all –

I’ve decided to go the Portugal GV route and I am narrowing down the “people” I’d like to work with and investment (real estate) opportunity I’d like to pursue.

Does anyone have experiences with:

• Edge International law firm (specifically, Francisco Salgueiro)
  • Holborn
  • Excellium

I really liked the conversation I had with Francisco.

I also liked the conversation I had with Holborn (who is marketing Excellium’s projects), and the project they’re offering sounds great, but they’re giving me a bit of push back on bringing my own lawyer to the table which feels like a potential red flag when the project terms seem “too good to be true” in some respects. Edge and Holborn are both “full service” in terms of applying for the GV. I’d rather have my own directly vetted lawyer handle the GV paperwork and process, but I’m not against working with Holborn or similar if they could separate the investment they offer from their full “GV application” suite.

I’ve searched the forums for all 3 and the only one I’ve found with direct experiences reported is Edge/Francisco.

Thank you!

1 Like

I only now Edge International. And I am supect as I work in a competing firm…

I have a pretty good lawyer if you are interested but he is in Porto. Reasonable as well.

This was also a red flag for me, so I mixed and matched (I do have any any direct experience with any of the entities you listed). In hindsight, I think it was a good check and balance, but the process was slower than I expected to get the investment vetted and the application submitted. I’m not sure if that if I had used one of the more integrated pairings that it would have gone faster, but it’s certainly possible.

1 Like

@Glap86

I have been with Edge for 2 months now. I have not finalised on any project yet, still in due diligence phase which is why i was googling how to reach others in my situation and I just came across this forum few minutes ago and I signed up!

So, how has your experience been so far with Edge? Which GV route did you take? Have you completed all paperwork and submitted application?

thank you.

I am also wondering if anyone has had experiences with Holborn as I had a conversation and went to a presentation with Holborn and was pretty impressed. I would like to invest in one of the real estate funds with a Golden Visa company because I do not want to have to deal hands-on with the hassles of renovating or managing a property.

Hi @astro-sal,

Now that a few months have passed, do you have any feedback from your experience with Edge so far?

We will likely purchase an individual property for our GV route.

Thanks!

Hi Jeffery,

I’m afraid I have to tell you I have decided to stop the Portugal Golden visa application and assess the situation deeper.

It’s been a long time and quite a lot has happened so it’ll be a long email if I wrote enough to give you a whole picture of what my experience has been.

But if you are open to it, we can do a WhatsApp call. Let me know.

Thank you.

Rather than starting a similar new thread, I’ll ask here if any participants in this old topical thread ended up choosing to work with Holborn Pass and, if so, if you care to update this forum by adding your impressions.