Is there a good intro to how funds work, e.g.: Questions running to my head are:
- From reading a “Depository account” is needed, I’m guessing this is like a brokerage account in some countries and you hold the fund kinda like stocks (but can’t buy/sell daily)
- How do you buy the funds? e.g. Put money in depository account, search web interface for a “fund code” then buy (like stocks) or a much more manual process (e.g. phone and forms)
- How do “subscription end dates” work, some have 1 Jan 2023, what are they doing in 2021/2022 with the money? (e.g. as new money comes in do they just do more of their desired projects). Is everyone’s money doing nothing until 1 Jan 2023 and so they won’t sell the assets and close the fund until X years after 2023?
- How do dividends normally work, e.g. same time each year (or quarter) you get money in your depository account?
- How does sale work for people coming in at different times?
- Are the funds ever liquid, e.g. if you get approved for citizenship earlier than expected (year 6 and you have a 7-10 year fund)
Anything else that would go well in a FAQ?