Portugal Golden Visa Guide: Pros & Cons in 2024 – Nomad Gate

I would be grateful if someone can provide more information about this.

Hello, I am new here and just started looking for GV options.
Would you mind clarifying 280k-350k requirements? Is the numbers include cost of renovation?
For example, if I buy a property for 250K and place the reminder in a bank (100K) to use for renovation, will that qualify for GV requirements? Are areas that qualify for 280K really remote and undeveloped?
Thank you in advance,
Alla

Any GV level involving redevelopment INCLUDES the renovation budget.
There is the misconception that €280K areas are remote: this is not the case, they are inland but they are often in historical centres of large inland town. So I would say that the areas are not remote but inland.

Thank you very much for clarifying! that is very helpful.
I have one more question - how to determine if a property is qualifying for reduced GV requirements? Should we hire a lawyer or a real estate agent to find the right property?
Thanks again,
Alla

Please ensure you divide the two, a real estate agent will find you the opportunity, then the lawyer must check to ensure that the agent has correctly stated that the property qualifies, for example, by being in the urban regeneration area. Try not to use a lawyer recommended by the agent if the agent is receiving a commission from that lawyer.

1 Like

Thank you very much again!

Hello everybody,

To book the appointment for the renewal of the golden visa are showing that there is no date available for appointment, what does it mean? It doesn’t say that till which date the dates not available. Does anybody have any experience how to understand that when the appointment could be available? Thanks in advance.

Hello Zayd,
Could you pls PM me some contacts of your lawyers in Portugal? Seems like they were doing well on your case.
Thanks forward.

Hello Zach, your lawyers (if you have any) should be handling this for you…

@guifig,
Thank you very much. You are always being very helpful. I do have a lawyer but he told me to wait so I am little worried that how long to wait? I was wondering if same thing is happening with someone else on this group so he/she share his/her experience.

And of course an expert advice like you is highly appreciated.

I know for the renewal of other residence permit, everything is done online which is amazing but not for the golden visa renewal.

Thanks again.

Zach, I know things are a bit complicated at the moment: covid + summer holiday season so I guess they must be short on staff. I’ve been trying to contact them for a few days and it is not easy. Ask your lawyers to check the availability in another city (other than Lisbon and Porto). You may eventually get it sooner this way.

@guifig,
Thank you very much. At this moment nowhere the appointment is available. Let’s hope for the best. If you succeed to get in touch with SEF, please ask this question that when will the appointments for the renewal of the golden visa be available?

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi, the appointments opened up last week and apparently were taken up quickly.
You need to check with your lawyer why he missed on this.

@8f0e08f23d1a7217a11e;
Thank you very much. You are right, I think it was only for very short time. They were all booked when my lawyer got to knew. He called me but he said they were already taken. Is there any criteria that when the appointments be opened again?

If we choose the €1 million investment or holding company, what are the limitations of the type of investments we can make? Can we move investments from a bank deposit, to bonds, to shares, to real estate for example? Is there any info or guidelines on what this limited company is allowed to do with the funds?

2 Likes

Hello!

We are trying to decide between the investment fund option and the real estate option.

If we decide to go with the investment fund option and submit our application based on that investment option, but then during one of our stays in Portugal, find that there is some real estate that we would like to invest in, is it possible to “switch” your investment option for the Golden Visa?

Since it is difficult to travel to Portugal right now to find the right property, it would be nice to get the ball rolling first with the investment fund option, but we don’t want all that money tied up in case we do have the opportunity to find good real estate later.

Thanks for your help,
Ruth

2 Likes

That would not be impossible but please bear in mind that you would have to make the new investment (in real estate) before cashing out the previous investment (funds).

That makes sense. Thanks for your reply Gui!

1 Like

Portugal is the first EU country I want to visit in 2021 as I am officially retired. We want to travel every summer (escape Arizona Sun and 115 - 120 F temperature). I am interested in $350K investment option for GV. Is it a good option? What is the risk level?

How this situation works… Parents obtain GV when their children are 18, 21 and 23? Can all the kids also get GV or only the 18 year child?