Portugal Golden Visa Guide: Pros & Cons in 2024 – Nomad Gate

The majority age, 18, is not relevant for this. The relevant age here is 25 as long as you declare that those 25 or younger sons are dependent on yours/your spouse’s income for sustenance

1 Like

Just a heads up. Last week (August 6th, 2020), my lawyer was able to access SEF website and make booking for renewal for February 2021 for me, so if any of you need to do so, I would reach out to your legal team and see if they can lock in an appointment.

1 Like

Hello,

I am in between whether to choose to invest in Porto or Algarve. My question is, Is the whole of Algarve considered as Low Density Area hence qualify for 20% less?

thanks!

Hi, Thomas! Hi, Everyone! I need some clarification, please!

I’m hoping you can answer a quick question for me re: the Golden Visa. You wrote on your site that "You can bring your spouse, as well as your kids (as long as they are younger than 18 at the time of application, or enrolled in studies and being supported by you). "

Do you know what is the minimum requirements for a child 18 or older to be considered a student? Does online education count? If so, what are the minimum requirements for online study? Thank you so much!

Cheers!

Apryll

After you pay the ARI Acceptance fee, how long until the card arrives in the post?
This process has taken a year to this point from biometrics.
Can anyone share their experience and time line.

You still haven’t received your card? I remember you were few weeks behind me and that meant going by my timeline, you should have received your cards in late June.

Have you reached out to your lawyers to check with SEF. I had a bi monthly reminder to poke my lawyers to give me status update. Wish I could tell you something more helpful.

Hello everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

I doubt the author’s claim that the cheapest option is the 10 jobs creation one with only an upfront Euro 125,000. The author says that Euro 75,000 is paid to the company that will run the business and Euro 50,000 for the Capital required for the company. I mean, Euro 50,000 would be insufficient for opening a business with 10 jobs even in a country like India. How can 50 000 euros create 10 jobs in an EU country? I think that claim is false and misleading.

Please correct me if I am asserting wrong. I have written those things deliberately so that someone gives me an example to prove that it is possible to open a business in Portugal (10 jobs) with Euro 50, 000 capital.

Thanks and Kind regards :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, can anyone please tell me whether dependent children over the age of 18 years can get citizenship if they are above 25 years of age? I can’t find anything official around here. Thanks:)

I am considering a golden visa through a real estate investment. Are taxes and transaction fees a part of 350 000 EUR or should they be paid in addition to 350 000 EUR?

Or, to be more precise with my question: what expenses can be included into 350 000 EUR?

I am told no. Must be 25 or younger, full time student, and not employed.

2 Likes

The only expense that can be included are the rehabiliation work costs if you go through the 350.000 EUR (or 280.000 EUR) route. Basically, the base investment. Add applicable taxes, transactions fees (stamp, notary, public register). Some cities and property types exempted some of the taxes.

You must also add-up the government application fees.

Hello,

I am already in Portugal and will be renewing my GV, however as renewal will take time how can I travel within Shengen Zone. Can I apply for a new visa foe new EU country while in Portugal?

Appreciate any advice or help?

Hi.
I have a question regarding the timeline of the process. My initial SEF application was submitted a couple of weeks ago. When can I expect an SEF approval whcih will enable me to then schedule a biometric appointment, assuming my documents are correct.

So if you get the GV when the kids are 2 and under but the process to citizenship extends to the point that they are now older than 25, can they still renew the GV and get citizenship? Is it only that the process needs to start before age 25 or conclude in total (which means they have to be at least 19 or 20 when you begin the process?)??

Hi,

I’m interested in PORTUGAL GOLDEN VISA, after five years, I also want to apply the PORTUGAL CITIZEN, but I can’t get the birth certificate of mine.

Does birth certificate is required for both PORTUGAL GOLDEN VISA or apply the PORTUGAL CITIZEN?

1 Like

Just for citizenship

Anyone with experience on any of the following options?

• Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 250 thousand Euros for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts, for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage, through the local and central authorities, public institutions, public corporate sector, public foundations, private foundations of public interest, networked local authorities, local corporate sector organizations, local associations and public cultural associations, pursuing activities of artistic output, and reconstruction or maintenance of the national heritage;
  • Capital transfer of the amount of 350 thousand Euros, or higher, for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalisation of companies, capital injected under the Portuguese legislation, whose maturity, at the moment of the investment, is, at least, of five years and, at least, 60% of the investments is realized in commercial companies with head office in national territory;

Have a look at this thread:

Has any one tried this option for the GV ?

i. Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million Euros;

This means I need to transfer 1 Mil to the Portuguese bank account. Then shall I have to leave alone 1 Mil in the bank account without having any interest ? Or I just have to show the bank statement of 1 Mil for the first time then am I able to use that money to purchase properties or whatever product/invesment/purchase within Portugal ?

Looking at the statistic (475 out of 9000 have selected this option for the GV), it shows that it is a significant number, but I have never seen anyone or lawyer mentioning about this option. So, is there any restriction ? Or anything is hidden regarding this option ?

Here is the statistic - I have just taken it directly from Sef website.

Hi everyone, we’re U.S. citizens considering pursuing the GV program by making a €500k property purchase on Madeira.
My question is: would we be allowed to use the property as a full time primary residence immediately after purchase? The reason being, we have the opportunity to work remotely, so we were hoping to be able to use it as primary residence for a few years, while retaining the option to leave Portugal if necessary (and being able to retain the path towards permanent residency if we did have to leave). When I looked at the Residence by Investment application, it contains the following as part of the requirements regarding the property:

To have leased or holding them for commercial, industrial, agricultural or tourist purposes;

This seems to imply that it must be used for investment purposes only, and not for primary residence. Is this correct? And would it apply for the entire 5 year period?

If we wouldn’t be able to use as a primary residence, then we would most likely pursue the D-7 route, and use rental income from our existing primary residence in the states. Otherwise, we could sell our current home and use the funds to make the purchase in Madeira.