Portugal GV Fund Comparison?

Realize this post is >1 year old, and can’t dispute what you were told then, but wanted to share my experience as an investor in the Optylon Krea NEXT fund, managed by STAG. They did, in fact, have the fund assessed by a U.S. auditor and issued PFIC statements. I pressed hard for written assurance they would be FACTA complaint when I invested. They’ve lived up to their word, and I haven’t been disappointed.

1 Like

Glad you mentioned this @PTGV . I’m an investor in the earlier Optylon Krea Nest fund. We also just received a PFIC statement for 2021. I followed up with them, and they confirmed they didn’t issue one for 2020, but will continue to do so going forward.

1 Like

I know it’s been a long time since this question was asked, but just for clarity, I asked Duarte yesterday, mentioning that I would be working with him directly and not through an advisor. There is a 5% setup/subscription fee, and he mentioned no conditions for which it would be reduced.

Thanks, Jeff, for all your insight. I find it very reassuring that someone with your expertise hasn’t found any glaring red flags.

Edit: This is in regards to the uncertainty surrounding the conditions for which BlueCrow charges the 5% setup fee.

Dave

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Portugal Golden Visa Fund Comparison , wonder what’s the diff between updated fund vs funds ?
And how can we make sure the funds are qualified to GV ? As CMVM’s info disclosure system does not have a list of GV funds.

There is no official list. The fund self-certifies that they meet the requirements and your lawyer verifies it. It’s not hard anyway.

1 Like

It’s true the CMVM doesn’t provide a list for that. You can also see a comprehensive list here (it has most of the eligible funds listed). We’ve been keeping it up to date for four years now.

2 Likes

Rock Capital Fund Investors
Since there seem to be a number of Rock Capital investors in the forum I created a separate discussion group where conversation was focused on just the Rock Cap investments, hence relevant only to those investors. If you are an investor in Rock Capital and are interested in being part of the group, send me a note.

Update: See the message below from TRunning. if you are an investor you should be able to send a request to join the group directly

2 Likes

I went ahead and created a private group for Rock Capital investors now with @Ravig80111 as admin:

Join the Rock Capital investors group

Just click the Request button and Ravi will be able to approve your membership.

From there you can use the Message button to create new private message threads with other Rock investors:

All the threads will show up inside the Messages tab in the group.

Note: If investors in other funds (or with real estate developers) want to host similar groups, just message me and I’ll set one up for you.

Dear Investors,

Does anybody received dividends from any funds already?
Did you noticed that banks charge you 2% of the incoming payment?

Or is it my bank only?

I’d appreciate if anybody can share some thoughts on those fees.

Thank you.

If there is an incoming payment fee, it should be listed on your bank’s fee schedule, which I assume you read…

Yes, it is, but I have to add it is somewhat unusual to charge incoming transfers.

I was wondering if anybody can share if a bank he works with that doesn’t charge these fees.

How did you handle the QEF for 2020 if you did not receive a PFIC? I received one for 2021 and just filed it away like an idiot.

1 Like

You should probably talk to an accountant about amending your 2021 tax return. Likely cheaper than PFIC penalties.

2 Likes

The CPA we used filed an amendment (and 8621) for both 2020 and 2021.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on PSGF?

Thanks

Hi @madpoet : could you kindly share if you got GV approval for IMGA fund?

I’m not them, but got pre approval with imga ações

4 Likes

congratulations to you!

1 Like

Anyone have negative/positive experience with Optimize Golden Opportunities? It is a smaller fund that I don’t hear about much. I want to make sure it is legit and has staying power.

From your link, it’s open-ended fund. I invested in another open-ended fund - IMGA Ações Portugal. I follow other investors footsteps here and they have been pre-approved. You can check more information here:
https://www.imga.pt/en/mutual-funds/equity/imga-ações-portugal-a-r-i/
or here:
https://markets.ft.com/data/funds/tearsheet/summary?s=ptafialm0006:eur
Good luck!