Real Estate (agricultural land) investors in Eastern European market?

Are there real-estate investors in the community? Specifically, agricultural land in Eastern Europe?

This article from International Trade Administration sparked curiosity some time ago. I’ve gone into multiple rabbit holes about investing into agricultural land in Ukraine and other parts of Eastern Europe (safer options like Bulgaria, Poland, etc). The ROI numbers look great on paper and based on conversations with lawyers and couple of land owners in Ukraine seems like it might be a great investment - comes with lots of risk, but I’m accounting for that given the returns are high.

I have years of trial and error in STRs market. Have no experience with land specifically. What would you advice to read or what to look out for when buying land plots? If you have investments like these, what’s your story and reasoning behind going into this market?

Also, I’m wondering if there’s a community around this topic? Would be cool to share some insights with like-minded!

Can’t say I have any special personal knowledge, but I am intrigued by the topic and would be keen to learn more!

After vising Ukraine and having talks with locals that are related to agricultural land business I’ve made a conclusion it’s highly risky investment and risky in terms of personal safety :sweat: Gave up on the idea for the nearest future.

Land acquisition strategies depend heavily on the chosen business model. Here are a few effective approaches I’ve utilized:

Land Assemblage:
This strategy involves strategically acquiring multiple adjacent parcels to create a larger, more valuable plot. In Ukraine competition can be fierce, the potential return on investment is significant.

Value Investing:
This approach focuses on identifying undervalued properties with high long-term potential. Take, for example, Moldova, where attractive land prices can still be found. Also, the Russian occupied teritories sell for cheap, main problem is risk mittigation.

Passive Income with Appreciation:
This strategy prioritizes acquiring land with the intent to lease it out for steady income while the property value appreciates over time. Eastern Romania presents a potential option for cost-effective land acquisition. Ukraine exhibits higher risk, a reliable local partner that will pay your lease is crucial. Poland offers a more established market with slightly higher prices. Moldova is a good option too.

The best approach for you depends on two main things: your budget and how much you want to be involved, the rest are strategies and technical issues.