REVOLUT APP - Complete disaster!

Anybody having problems with their REVOLUT APP in the last weeks?
If you go to REVOLUT Community blog, there are hundreds of us all ‘locked out’ of our accounts.
It has been since two weeks when whilst using or checking it one evening, it closed itself on me and then now will not open, does not even recognise my number, and starts an ever turning circle of verifications for phones mobile number etc etc etc which prevents one from logging in to contact the on line/in APP help!

Hi, AlainBoy
Everything seems fine with my Revolut Premium account. Last successful transaction on 23rd July, last app update today, and check on the app following your inquiry - just now. All seems normal.

Got locked out of my Revolut account 17 June. Getting sporadic notifications to chat and submit documents but then nothing. It’s as if the app has serious mental problems. Behaving like a headless chicken. Not at all amazing given that I can not access 6 figure funds.

@cliffmarley801 - So somebody else also.
I did see many complaints on the Blog, but I guess they are not here in the Nomad Gate ‘club’.
Fortunately, unlike you, have a small 3 figure sum on my account.
Will try to spend it via purchases on the card, and then that’s it. ---- GAME OVER!
I will not use REVOLUT again - as lately, I much prefer TRANSFERWISE anyway.
REVOLUT has screwed up badly. I do not what they have done to the APP, but they’ve now lost me.

In answer to @sergei69 above,
I do/did not have a Premium Account, just the standard one. ----- Maybe that’s the reason?

After 6 weeks of being unable to make any contact with anyone at Revolut and after several false starts with agents who appeared and then who found they could not deal with the situation and had to escalate it, I finally got the accounts cleared. Of course, the reason for the freeze will never,I suspect, be revealed. I signed up with Revolut when they first started and always loved the app. When it works, it works well but when they cut you off, you are cut off and rendered powerless. I can only say they will not do that to me again. I do accept that any rules relating to AML apply to all banks and neo banks and the rules may leave little room for maneuver. Hard to say how these rules would apply to HSBC. I really can’t imagine.

Thank you for your very great question and although I have not used that service myself, I am personally interested to know if there are any problems with any of the services. This column provides so much important information on a variety of issues, so thank you to all of the active information-sharing writers.

It happened to me with paypal.
Because I tried to change my last name and first name.There seemed to be abconfusion because they are in Luxembourg/french speaking.
All because I liked my bank account to connect with paypal .My credit card expired,so I had nothing left then wire only.I made the mistake tontry to change it myself via options to correct small mistakes in spelling.I changed a few times to put the names opposite way.
But it was not successful.Support did not get what I needed !!!Later the correct option worked once only,so I was registered with Cartin Maflisch instead Martin Caflisch !Paypal counted this as an attempt of hacking,violating T&C.
Instead of connecting with me and try to solve the problem,they blocked the account and money.I never got a personal attempt from paypal to fix anything,only machine answers and FAQ loops.
Why nobody is talking about AS,artificial stupidity ,only AI,artificial intelligence is a riddle for me.
I spend a lot of time convincing gmail it is me !Using opera,I had to add my email accounts several times until gmail finally saved them.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t trust any Paypal or really any other electronic system because if there are problems similar to the one you have had. The best way to deal with a company is definitely to do business only in the traditional way at a bank branch and make sure that no problems can arise. Of course, it is much more laborious way, as the use of electronic systems for the transfer of money, but personally I’m ready to see a little more effort, so that I could get confirmation that the money transfer is not any kind of problem. However, at the present time to myself is it a problem when I try to get to the United States opened trading accounts, and they say there’s official my income, and I have not had any of those years, which could have been recorded any tax cards up, because I’ve got only a variety of expenses.

Yes,me being stuck in India,not having a bank account here(and not wanting to also because of bureaucracy )there are only electronic solutions left.
All would be fine if the money I get paid would be transferred directly with Transferwise only.But for some unknown reason the company dont want to use this.It s not huge amounts,so fees are quit relevant.And TW worked always fine.Doing CH-CH transactions and also others,which are international.Even a donation to someone giving food supply to the poor in India.

Hi Imcrious,

Personally, I don’t trust any Paypal or really any other electronic system because if there are problems similar to the one you have had. The best way to deal with a company is definitely to do business only in the traditional way at a bank branch and make sure that no problems can arise. Of course, it is much more laborious way, as the use of electronic systems for the transfer of money, but personally I’m ready to see a little more effort, so that I could get confirmation that the money transfer is not any kind of problem. However, at the present time to myself is it a problem when I try to get to the United States opened trading accounts, and they say there’s official my income, and I have not had any of those years, which could have been recorded any tax cards up, because I’ve got only a variety of expenses.

Best regards,
Sami Pekola

la 1. elok. 2020 klo 11.06 Caflisch Martin via Nomad Gate (community@nomadgate.com) kirjoitti:

I am not familiar with that money transfer system you mentioned, but I need to find out if it could also be suitable for my own use. It would be great if you could send money electronically without leaving any extra traces on it. After all, Paypal is just as good at being able to transfer money anonymously even from one country to another. I just don’t trust it, because of the things you just mentioned. I will try to find out if that transfer system you are proposing would work for a bank account in Belize, for example.

la 1. elok. 2020 klo 11.56 Caflisch Martin via Nomad Gate (community@nomadgate.com) kirjoitti:

I had problems with the app right from the start. Awful experience. Crashing app (on a brand new top of the range phone). Impossible to get support.
It took me weeks to get in touch with someone. I think a guy on Reddit gave me an email address which worked.
I would not recommend this app to anyone.
Of course, someone will say I work for the competitors. Well, what can I say?
Anyway. Revolut gets mentioned everywhere because of the referral payments. Always works.

I was the original instigator of this thread and in the end ran my balance right down to under EUR20.
Then recently, I got an update to the APP.
It seemed to reset everything, and now its running perfectly.
Even the LOGO if anyone has noticed has changed from a Blue ‘R’ to a Black one.
Anyway all’s well at the moment, but for any of you out there with similar difficulties, either use your card and spend all your balance, or re-install the APP using the latest version just a week or so ago.

If anyone else has issues with Revolut app, I can recommend DM’ing them on Twitter. They responded very quickly when I contacted them there. Had my issue solved in a matter of minutes and my faith restored with Revolut. Also in the end, it was my user error. :blush:

@DaxBernat
But you are assuming that ‘decrepit old fogies’ like me are in something called Twitter. :upside_down_face: