Translations/ apostille

My English docs were translated and notarized by my PT lawyer. Translation is part of services in the engagement with my lawyer handling my GV application.

We used a local US service for the certain documents which required translation. The translation was notarized by the same service, and an apostille of the notartization was obtained. So far, these have been acceptable to SEF. We have our first 2 year temporary residence cards.

I have already paid to have the translations done by Languex who I thought was a certified translator, but apparently they are NOT certified.
I am hoping that I will be able to have the translations certified by a Portuguese notary or lawyer.

Thank you tommigun. I now wish that I had used a PT-based translator, but the quote from the people who are doing my GV was very expensive…I have an unusual amount of translations to be done as I have two dependents who have needed a lot of extra paper-work done for them (over 70 pages).
I am hoping that I can get a Portuguese notary to certify the translations I have had done by Languex.
My biometrics appointment is coming up in 2 weeks.

I have been told that my Languex translations may or may not be accepted by SEF. I would rather be on the safe side and present all my documents as they should be. Congratulations on getting your residency cards!

2 Likes

I used Languex a while back and they worked, but I’m not sure if my attorney did the official translation or certifications of Languex’s translations or not.