Citizenship for kids and the spouse

Well, I think the point here is that the topics have been discussed quite extensively with many references, and, well,

Yup, that’s the collective answer. :slight_smile: It isn’t all exactly clear, and people even get different answers from different lawyers sometimes, so YMMV. Though I’d disagree with the characterization of opining - @tommigun and others have posted solid references. That the net result is vague and unclear, well, is just making the point even louder. :slight_smile:

Oh, and the post tommi was referring to, from sep 19 -

The thing being, once you get into a complex situation, well, it gets complex. Law can’t cover every situation. Especially if you try to avoid the obvious path (apply for all your kids etc under GV rules and pay up). And as your situation gets more complex, the less likely it is that there are going to be other people who have gone through the experience who also have time and inclination to answer your question here. When you’re talking about “what will happen 5-6 years from now” with respect to a program that hasn’t been around that long (in the grander scheme of things) or had all that many applicants (the bulk of whom are Chinese, and I’ve seen few of them here) who would have come out the other side, the base of people who might even have a practical answer is pretty slim. And 5 years is a long time. Who’s to say the rules won’t change between now and then?

That said I do feel like @susanayang has written some stuff about this on another thread too. Though she too isn’t a lawyer. :slight_smile:

1 Like