2. Optimize Golden Opportunities Fund

Fundo de Investimento MobiliƔrio

Aberto

PTOPZWHM0007

3. IMGA AƧƵes Portugal A

Fundo de Investimento

Aberto de AƧƵes

PTAFIALM0006

Are these the only 3 funds that can be recognized at this time?

This is the data I gathered from ft.com, 2 or 3 seems like about right. But IMGA has been around longer.

3333.pdf (343.5 KB)

You also have Optimize (smaller but growing and lower fees) and BPI Portugal (doesnā€™t accept US investors, but is more established).

EDIT: I just realized that the second fund in your list already referred to Optimize. Iā€™ve made some formatting improvements to the first post to make it easier to understand which funds were included.

1 Like

My recollection on IMGA is that itā€™s class R - not A. PTIG1DHM0003: IMGA AƧƵes Portugal R Fundo/ETF. AvaliaĆ§Ć£o por PROTESTE INVESTE

The class is just based on where you can get the fund iirc. For example bison holds class R but other banks hold other classes. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a meaningful difference except maybe the underlying amount of the fund and thus price

Are those ā€œopen ended Portugal equity fundsā€ still accepted under the new law?

The new law altered the fund definition from:

ā€œunidades de participaĆ§Ć£o em fundos de investimento ou fundos de capitais de risco vocacionados para a capitalizaĆ§Ć£o de empresasā€ (ā€œparticipation units in investment funds or venture capital funds aimed at capitalizing companiesā€)

to

ā€œpartes de organismos de investimento coletivo nĆ£o imobiliĆ”riosā€ (ā€œparts of non-real estate collective investment undertakingsā€)

So provided the funds arenā€™t geared to real estate, and otherwise meet the requirements (incorporated in Portugal, at least five yearsā€™ maturity, >60% invested in Portuguese commercial companies), they are unaffected.

1 Like

While weā€™re on the topic, where does the 60% number come from? I thought it was 70%

60% is in the Article 3(1)(vii) definition:

ā€œvii) TransferĆŖncia de capitais no montante igual ou superior a 500 000 (euro), destinados Ć  aquisiĆ§Ć£o de partes de organismos de investimento coletivo nĆ£o imobiliĆ”rios, que sejam constituĆ­dos ao abrigo da legislaĆ§Ć£o portuguesa, cuja maturidade, no momento do investimento, seja de, pelo menos, cinco anos e, pelo menos, 60 /prct. do valor dos investimentos seja concretizado em sociedades comerciais sediadas em territĆ³rio nacional;ā€

I think itā€™s been 60% since the Aug 2017 amendments; before that there wasnā€™t a percentage specified.

1 Like

Thomas - are you referring to this BPI Portugal Fund? https://www.bancobpi.pt/particulares/poupar-investir/fundos-de-investimento/bpi-portugal