Cost of Renewing GV and move to Permanent Residency

SEF finally posted its new list of prices. Am I misunderstanding or is the cost to move from GV to permanent residence now €7548?
https://imigrante.sef.pt/?media_dl=3635

Seems that way since it says" For granting or renewing the PR permit…"

The renewing is 3774

Seems like most of us have no choice but to pay for the €7,548 fee per family member… I forget how long this last before the renewal (?) – in theory one doesn’t need to if citizenship application does take 1-2 years to approve… but who knows these days…

I guess it also make sense to delay giving us all citizenships so the fees keep coming in :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t apply for permanent then. Just keep renewing the temporary. There’s no particular requirement to switch to permanent if you’re applying for naturalization anyway. ?

1 Like

I believe there are two types of portuguese permanent resident permit. One is the expensive one( golden visa permanent residence) stated above in which you don’t have to live in Portugal majority of the year. However, if you convert into the cheaper normal permanent residence permit, you would have to live in Portugal majority of the year.

1 Like
2 Likes

If I apply for permanent resident, does that mean we can sell the investment right after or I still need to keep it? If I still need to keep it, I will keep renewing temporary resident then.

1 Like

Depends on you. If you apply for PR but doesn’t live in Portugal, it is recommended that you keep the investment.