Entering Portugal for the first time after receiving my Golden Visa

Hi all, Iā€™ll be visiting Lisbon next week for the first time after receiving my residence card. I intend to be there from the 3rd-17th of Feb. I have three questions:

(1) Is there anything specific I need to do to enter the country as a GV resident or do I simply show my residence card at immigration?
(2) Will these dates count as 15 days or 13 days - does it include the entry and exit dates?
(3) Do I need to do anything while Iā€™m in Portugal to ā€˜recordā€™ my stay there?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @tommigun! Appreciate the information.

I am also curious to know about whether the entry and exit dates also count as 2 days or excluded from the days count?

Everyone trying to narrow it down to an exact number of minutes required on the ground should just stay a couple extra days and stop worrying.

3 Likes

Right? I realize it can be an inconvenience but really, donā€™t cut it as close as you can. The marginal costs of an extra few days are minimal

1 Like

Just be sure to use your NIF number and get printed receipts for every day youā€™re in Portugal (and make purchases). I got lazy on a recent trip and had to scramble to get my hotel to reissue receipts with the NIF on it. I have a fistful of receipts but without the NIF number they donā€™t qualify for purposes of demonstrating time in country.

Someone else pointed out that NIF on receipts doesnā€™t help with proving time in country, as it would be pretty easy for someone else to use your number. You need boarding passes, hotel bookings etc.

I was able to extract my geo-location data history from Google maps based on my mobile phone location history for the days I was in Portugal. Then I generated a chronological report showing the coordinates and city location translation from this data. I printed this data report out and then had the report apostilled. I think this is pretty good proof of stay, and my lawyer thought it could help.

3 Likes