Evidence of Entry for GV application

Most people just don’t care about or need the stamp. If you are traveling to the Algarve or Lisbon for two weeks’ vacation, which frankly is most people, SEF/PSP/GNR can just query the .pt databases and know what the deal is, and no one else cares.

e-gates are I beleieve for those who are round-tripping to/from LIS. Sure you might want the stamp but you are the minority.

I don’t totally follow what you are saying, but I think it is that most people going through the egates will be people who have no need or interest in getting their passport stamped and just want to get on with their vacation. The few thousand GV applicants for whom this actually matters to can still use the egates and there won’t be much demand to get a stamp after passing through the egates. That makes some sense.

I have just received an email from the people doing my GV application saying that I have been given a biometrics appointment for November. Hurray!

She also says “You will need updated criminal reports and will need to prove that you were in the country for 7 days at least, therefore please keep all your boarding passes, flight tickets and any other invoices that can be used as evidence of your stay.”

Does she mean that I need to have been in Portugal for at least 7 days before my biometrics appointment? I didn’t think the 7 day requirement started until you actually get your residence permit.
When does the period start that one needs to stay in Portugal for 7 days?

After you get the card. Any time you spend before you get the card is irrelevant.