Expired ARI permit and entering Portugal

My card expired last June,2022. Lawyers sent me a permit stating that it has been extended until the end of 2022. When I read through it, it was quite clear that it said you needed to prove that you had an appointment. Having said that, does it mean we cannot re enter Portugal until we have proof of an appointment? How do we provide the proof when we cannot even get an appointment? I need to get back before my kids start school on September. Thank you

Greetings,
When I tried entering Lisbon with my expired residency card. The immigration officer asked me if I had an appointment, I said ‘I couldn’t obtain one’. He proceeded to stamp my passport.

Best regards
Nizar M Al Adsani

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. My issue now is whether immigrations from my local country will allow me to leave with an expired card.

1 Like

Your welcome , it depends on the airlines.

Best regards
Nizar M Al Adsani

1 Like

What airline did you fly and do you mind sharing when you entered Portugal? I just checked my airlines and they said we need to provide evidence of an appointment.

1 Like

I flew on Emirates airline.

I haven’t done the trip myself yet, but it worked for a friend of mine; called the airlines’ Portugal office, explained the situation and they granted a “OK to board” for her. So when she went to the airport for the flight, OK to board was visible and valid for her to board the plane.

3 Likes