First country to visit after issue of Residency Card

Not really, if you have hotel receipts or airbnb proof, etc. that is actually better. Nothing stops you from getting a passport stamped at entry to Portugal and driving to Spain for 2 months. They will want to see proof of staying in Portugal for the required 1 week a year.

1 Like

It’s part of the proof. Any single one of passport stamp, scan of boarding passes, proof of accommodation, receipts with NIF, bank statement showing ATM withdrawals, etc by itself may not be convincing enough - it’s the combination which is convincing. Boarding passes along with a stamp on a passport carries, I think, a little more authority than either alone.

(Again, this is just good to have - no need to lose sleep if you’re missing one or two things so long as the combination still works)

In my experience, systematic presentation of overlapping bits of evidence in a clear time-ordered sequence lets bureaucrats know you’re the meticulous homework-doing type, and they’re apt to just wave it past without looking into every detail. Like everyone, they would prefer to be presented with a no-brainer, rather than have to squint at random papers and think in order to take a decision.

Ha my first stop was Tahiti. I was just told to save all boarding passes and itineraries for plane and train. All alternate the putting NIF on receipts for the family members.

1 Like

And right on cue, this post by @edandmegan underscoring the importance of multiple overlapping pieces of evidence, including a passport stamp and boarding passes and accommodation proof…