Is N26 in in UK or in EUR does offer a GBP account?

Hiya,

Does N26 in UK or in Europe does offer a GBP account?

Is this GBP account offered as second account for EU residents or only offered for people with UK residency?

Is GBP accounts offered in N26/N26you/N26metal or N26-business/N26-business-you?

Tnx :blush:

I don’t know for sure whether those do, but I can say that TransferWise does.

1 Like

GBP account that TransferWise provides is partially useless, i.e. you can’t receive SWIFT transfers.

1 Like

Is that really an issue when a different “balance” can receive a SWIFT transfer, and then it can be converted to the GBP balance with a couple clicks?

I have not actually done this myself, so my underlying question is is it more complicated than it seems?

1 Like

For having GBP account (with Local and SWIFT) and EUR simultaneously, I am using https://www.revolut.com/ as my daily use bank from Germany.

1 Like

No, TransferWise GBP account ONLY supports incoming transfers in GBP.
Meaning if your client will send transfer in other currency it will be rejected/bounced back.

Best,
Jacek

1 Like

For personal daily use Revolut is ok, but apparently when you use it for business their compliance is kind of pain in the a…

1 Like

But you can “open” a USD “balance” under the same login that can receive SWIFT payments in USD, then move the USD to your GBP balance.

1 Like

Well yes, but try to explain to the client that although the fee for some service is X GBPs, you should send USDs instead.

1 Like

Fair point. Agreed.

1 Like

I agree and know we have many news about them (: so maybe. But Are they providing the business account?

Actually I also have N26 account since they’ve started their business, but these days Im not a big fun of them. Actually I had a fraud on my card from them though they could manage the compensation.

1 Like

How can I do that with N26?