Language required for citizenship - GV

Totally true - my course will be start on 15th jan and some of my freinds did their course and submit for citizenship most important 90% attend and do home work and certificate will be in hand after 3 weeks when ur course finished and you can submit for citizenship .

Regards

…and then waiting more than 2 years for your citizenship registration !!

May be more , 2 years u are so optimistic :joy::joy::joy: go further 3-4 :joy:or may be more .

Not true ! A bit exaggerated…!

As i know mostly 4 hours edpro and multiculture . The second one multiculture is cheaper from edpro nearly 100-150 euro cheaper but same method for PLA . They are also 3rd party same as edpro . I went with edpro and my wife went for multiculture .

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Is the language test required for minors as well? Is there a minimum age limit for that?

1 Like

You may want to see the thread discussing this issue (about a year ago) from this post on: Has anyone on this forum completed the Portugal Golden Visa process and obtained citizenship? - #14 by AussieInExile.

Hello Ali,

Thank you for your updates and sharing the information. I am also considering the PLA course for myself and my wife. I liked your idea of doing it from two different institutes - but I searched everywhere and could not find the “multiculture” institute. Could you share a link for where I can get details about this institute?

Thank

hi
There is no Multicultural Institute !
Yes you can follow 2 different classes with 2 different official bodies like we did (my wife and i)
My wife and I were with 2 different bodies, both have enrolled to them via Edpro
Edpro is the managing body ( proxy) of PLA courses provided by the official bodies of Qualifica Center

1 Like

Hi sandy

Let me i explain to you during my stay in portugal on NOV i find the place and i go there . Its not very tip top but now my wife started online class from 9th jan . And looks ok

This is the facebook info - if you are in portugal suggest go and see there places . You can search the name :

Portugal multicultural academy ( PMAA)

[
298758447_474195261380595_2480141456257748397_n.jpg

Portugal Multicultural Academy - PMAA | Lisbon
facebook.com

](Portugal Multicultural Academy - PMAA | Facebook)

1 Like

Does anyone know if the CIPLE test slots fill up ahead of time, either in Portugal or abroad?

Yes, from what I understand, the ones in PT fill up pretty quickly. Not sure about US. They only seemed to permit about 40 people when I took it.

1 Like

Does anyone know after how long we are able to get the certificate after passing the ciple exam? Do they email it to us if in case we are no longer in the country?

Anyone know if this is legit? No more CIPLE?

It takes about six weeks to get results and then certificates are available shortly thereafter. They do not mail certificates. You need to pick them up at their office at University or provide someone with a signed form (CIPLE provides) to allow them to pick it up. I inquired about how long I had to pick it up and they told me there was no time limit…

Yes you can complete a government-approved PLA course instead of the CIPLE. It has been discussed a lot in this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The article itself is misleading, the requirements have always been the same and there are multiple options for you to prove the same as follows:

• Supporting evidence of knowledge of basic Portuguese, by means of submitting the following:
    • Certificate of eligibility issued by an official Portuguese teaching establishment or private or corporative teaching establishment recognised by law, or
    • In case of a person having attended an official teaching establishment or private or corporative teaching establishment recognized by law in a Portuguese speaking country, by means of a certificate of eligibility issued by that teaching establishment, or
    • Certificate of completion of the course on Basic Portuguese issued by IEFP, or
    • Certificate of completion of the course on Basic Portuguese issued by an official teaching establishment or private or corporative teaching establishment recognized by law, or
    • Certificate of completion of Basic Portuguese, with the completion of a test in an Assessment Centre of Portuguese as foreign language (CAPLE), recognised by the Ministry of Education and Science; or, in addition
    • Certificate of completion of level A2, or higher, of the Course on Portuguese as Host Language , promoted by public teaching establishments, by the direct and participated managing centres network of Instituto do Emprego e da Formação Profissional, I.P., and by Centros Qualifica network (or other public and private entities with proven experience in working with migrants, with which those entities or ACM. IP hold protocols), under Order n.º183/2020, of 5 August.
2 Likes

@Kingo @alirezamgt I rang EdPro this afternoon, and luckily someone answered. She was very helpful and patient with all my inquiries. She did mention the requirement of having both the NIF and NISS. I explained to her that I don’t have my first residence card.

Do you both of you have your NISS?

Here is a list of the available PLA classes:
Info PLA_Escolas_DGEstE_2023_2024_03-10-2023.xlsx (acm.gov.pt)

3 Likes

On the ACM page, there are 3 types of institutions who can offer PLA classes, which are mostly in-person. It is not immediately clear which, if any offer online options.

• Public schools, posted above by Garbonzo
  • Qualifica centers: This list has URLs, if anyone has the time they can go through individual centers and see if anyone directly offers online options. Currently Edpro appears to be the easiest way to access Qualifica centers online.
  • IEFP: Iefponline - Pesquisa This is a hand-crafted URL to filter IEFP centers which offer online (A Distância) A1+A2 courses - seems to be one in Faro and one in Seixal. I did not investigate further as one needs an NISS to authenticate to the IEFP site. Hope someone else can figure out more and post here.