Mercan Lagos project

May I please ask for firsthand experience about Mercan (in relation to the Portugal GV)? I am particularly interest to know whether they have been honoring the buyback guarantee, and if not, what would be the fall back scenario? That would be super helpful, thank you!

2 Likes

Has anyone recently heard some algarve 280k project investors are facing problem/questioning from SEF regarding the eligibility of their purchase? (eg: not low density, not rehabilitation)

1 Like

Some of the opportunities are questionable.

How does a new hotel in Lagos, Algarve qualify for the min. 280k euro commercial investment? It doesnโ€™t appear to be in rehabilitation and location is definitely not low density. I even worked out where the construction site will be - itโ€™s literally just behind the marina de lagos!

The investment is made via debt/Promissory Note - so technically it doesnโ€™t fall under fund or commercial property. I have reasons to believe investor will not meet the GV eligibility requirements. Happy to be proved wrong. Any one here knows how they are bypassing this?

Also, I canโ€™t seem to find a corresponding CMVM number (and needs โ€œFCRโ€ suffix). Does a transfer of deed/part deed takes place at all in the subscription?

Can you share more details on Mercan being a total scam. I have been talking to them and curious about your experience.

Yes I would like to hear more details on your experience with Mercan as talking to them now. You are a year ahead of me so are things going smoothly? What about your residency cards?

1 Like