Mercan & Portugal Homes - any experience with these companies?

Hello,

I have been exploring options for the Portugal GV via the 280K property option. I have contacted two companies Mercan & Portugal Homes. Anyone here has any experience with these two companies? Any tips, suggestions?

Thanks,
Cristiano

There is a mailing list for people interested in Mercan here: La Vida Golden Visa vs Mercan Group - #95

have any of these mercan hotel projects actually been constructed or started construction?

https://www.ragroup.pt/en/portfolio/projects

The website looks like it was launched only last year. Iā€™ve been researching GV options for a few years and have received lots of literature on different hotel type investment options from various promoters. But whenever I google the names of some of these hotels (even the ones from 2 years ago), nothing ever comes up except GV websites. Wondering if any of them actually ever get built.

2 Likes

I had the same question. I tried to find any record of their new projects and the only hits I got were their own website in other countries.

2 Likes

Mercan first project is pre-opening this year, check this out

1 Like

My wife and I stayed at the Casa da Companhia in October. It is very nice - a five star boutique hotel right in middle of a great part of Porto. Customer service was top notch, great breakfast, and a very nice and quiet room.

Mercan has other properties that are already open as well I believe, and more scheduled to be open very soon.

1 Like

great to hear that as my family is one of the investors in CDG

:slight_smile: bravooo

check this out

https://www.mercan.com/portfolio_category/previous-projects/

1 Like

My experience with Portugal Homes was a bit convoluted. They did locate a property for me that would have qualified for 350K ā‚¬, in downtown Lisbon, in a very good neighbourhoodā€¦ However, the apartment, though fully renovated inside, was in an older building that had not been brought up to modern standards, and the apartment itself was too small - only 36 mĀ², making the price almost 10K ā‚¬ per mĀ². Fortunately we had a friend living in Lisbon to help us evaluate this property and she suggested to not pursue it further.

And so, I would recommend that you have someone independently review the location of the property, the overall building status, and the condition of the unit inside. Portugal Homes has a large portfolio of properties, but the one they located for us would not have suited our needs aside from simply qualification for the Golden Visa application.

1 Like