Portugal Golden Visa - Art Investment

My wife and I are one of the few people doing the Arts investment path. In fact, if we get approved, we might be only the second visa approved for this path; I would guess definitely in the first five, at most. There certainly are not a lot of people who want to just give away their money, but we liked the idea of supporting a local art museum in the country giving us this opportunity.

It is important to note that all projects receiving visa money need to be pre-approved by the government, so you canโ€™t simply give $250k to a local filmmaker and call it a day. This makes it somewhat important to either choose a recipient with pre-approved projects, or be ready to extend your timeline quite a bit while your desired recipient (if they are willing to deal with the government) receives approval.

PM me if you want a referral to our lawyer. They handled the first-ever approval for the Arts investment path, and have so far seemed like they know what they are doing. But we havenโ€™t even received pre-approval yet, so I donโ€™t have a lot to base that on other than our experience to this point, and speaking to the first recipient of the visa on this path. He gave a glowing review.

4 Likes