Portugal's Golden Visa Latest Regulation Changes

Dear Shay,

Yes, online application submission to SEF before December 31st, you can still qualify under the current rules. We advise clients to give at least 4 months for the start to finish of the application process, meaning you should confirm the investment and start the process by end Aug/ beginning of September, but ideally, even a month or two before that. That would still give you 3-5 months to look around (to decide on consultants, investment, etc,).

BE pede apreciação parlamentar das alterações aos vistos gold e insiste no fim do regime

BE calls for parliamentary consideration of changes to gold visas and insists on ending the regime

Here we go again…

Dude, it aint gonna get cancelled. According to Portuguese Constitutional Law, to make any changes to the country’s law, it needs to pass a 2/3 majority vote in the Assembly and this fringe party only got 8% of seats in the National Assembly. This, combined with the fact that PS and the more ‘moderate’ parties in the centre-left actually want to continue with the Golden Visa(albeit with the recent changes), makes it highly unlikely it would get cancelled in the short term

Hi Susana

Can you recommend any Portuguese based health insurance suppliers (not travel insurers) ?

thanks

There are parts of algarve that are still eligible. There was a posting earlier in one of the forum threads about cities that were still allowed.

There is a thread called Low density official list and there are 4 or 5 Algarve locations that made the cut in the doc posted there

Hi, sorry for my late reply as I was silenced from the forum from posting a link to my website. :sweat_smile:

Anyways, to answer your question, you can try medis or fidelidade for health insurance.

1 Like