Real Estate agent recommendations

Hello. Thank you all for such wonderful information. Would appreciate any trustable agents you can recommend. Thank you

1 Like

Agents in which area(s)?

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. Not settled on a specific area yet. I would appreciate any trustable people in Lisbon and the surrounding area, Porto etc…

Thanks again

Ramin

I did some business with many agents in Porto when I was buying my apartments for GV, and then renting them out. Which kind of agent do you need - to buy a property or to rent a flat to live in?

to buy a property for golden visa

Thanks

Okay, here’s my top list:

1. Marta Oliveria from iWish - she’s very good, she showed me more properties and of better quality than others. Business relation with her (she also has a apartment management service) I broke up, imho she focuses on her priorities, not client’s (perhaps it us my wrong judgement). Still, buying a property is a win-win for agent and client and she is very good at her job.
  2. Nuno Cruz from 100domus. Good and honest man.
  3. Andre Almeida from fraccaoexacta. Honest and helpful man.

I’d advise to contact as many agents as your time allows. They’ll find different options and you’ll have a better selection to choose from. If you find an apartment that you want to buy at agency A but you prefer agent B (speaks English, more credible, can negotiate for you etc) - that is totally OK for both A and B. They’ll just split their commission (the seller pays, not you), they are used to that, it’s fine.

N.B. I am talking about Porto. No experience in other cities.

2 Likes

Hi. Thank you for your input. What made you choose Porto? Can I have the contact info for your recommendations please? Who do you use for management?

I’ve indicated the companies of these agents, you can google that easily. I can share their mobile phones in pm I guess, but I think it’s easy to approach them from the website.
I was making a choice a year ago right before Porto and Lisbon were excluded from GV. To me it made sense to choose Porto because it’s not that overpriced as Lisbon and still there are lots of tourists. Covid changed that dramatically, I now have 2 empty apartments. One was long-term, but tenants fled. Second one I will rent out on airbnb from May. I had bad experience with iWish in terms of airbnb management (again, maybe my fault), now I went for portoconcierge which is which is now taken over by guestready. They have a lot of properties (hundreds), I hope it will go better.
If I would make the choice again, I’d not buy an apartment for sure. Perhaps an A+ business space would do better - 2x more expensive, but tenants like Adidas won’t go bankrupt because of covid. Perhaps something else. I now live in Algarve, i see empty hotels, empty airbnb apartments etc. Covid… What I know for sure - I bought problems that I now have to manage :slight_smile:
Good luck!

Hi Ramon, curious to know if you found an agent and what your experience has been like so far. Any info/recommendation would be helpful. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi.

We have had an excellent experience with Heather Youngman from Keller Williams in Lisbon. She is exceptional in every way.

Also very good were Tiago Lemos in Lisbon and Helena Raimundo based in the Algarve.

Please mention I recommended you if you contact them. Unrelated to your question but for transfering money please stay away from Currency Direct, we had a really bad experience with them.

1 Like

Hi There - Am ready to reserve property in porto for GV. Just came accross your post. In your opinion have things gotten better for short term in Porto - OR would you focus only on long or mid term OR… ? which RE investment strategy do you think would be best?

I’d definitely go for longterm, it’s much more profitable because the management and taxes eat most of short term profits (in real life, not on paper). In Porto I had very bad experience with GuestReady, they don’t do anything for you, whatever money you want to pay, they just don’t want to work.
I didn’t have experience with commercial spaces, but this what I would want want to switch to.

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for a good real estate agent to rent and then buy in Sao Miguel. We will likely need to rent first before we can find the right place to buy.

Thank you.

T