Requirements for HQA visa?

Given that priority of the SEF appointments recently is given to the HQA and D7 visas., I’m currently considering applying for the HQA.
Just curious, what are the requirements for HQA visa?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey Paul, herewith some key info on the HQA Visa:

LEGAL BASIS:

The HQA Visa is essentially a "packaged flavor of the D3 - Highly Qualified Activity Visa (so a concierge style program. D7 = retirement / passive income visa, Golden Visa = D9 category).

The key basis for obtaining it is a combination of innovative company formation, and the funding of a high-value tech / R&D research project with a Portuguese university or “public research facility”. Said institution’s endorsement is the key thing around which your HQA application hinges.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the clarification @bothmamail

1 Like

@paulthefree Did you end up applying for the HQA?

1 Like

Hi @mindtry1 No I did not cos every time that I want to cash out on my investments, all the negative economic news have to coincidentally come out at the times that I planned to sell & cause panic selling in the markets. FML

At this rate, I will never be able to have the sufficient funds required to invest and apply for the HQA visa

1 Like

Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear.

I’m still trying to figure out if this is a legitimate program, since I haven’t found any testimonies from people who have gone that route.

1 Like

I am also interested in learning of examples of successful HQA visa applications.
Thanks!

1 Like

@paulthefree, our earlier exchange refers: As an alternative to the HQA, I’d suggest you take a look at Portugal’s EUR200K Cultural Production Golden Visa option also - in case crypto makes a serious comeback in 2023.

So no one applied for HQA as yet, I assume?

No. Empowered Startups have finally shared a video featuring some actual participants though.

Still not sure how clear the path to citizenship might be through this route though. The people featured in the video seem to have been just recently approved for their visas.

1 Like

Have you spoken to them yet?

There are actually multiple videos on HQA featuring people in the program if you have a look at the YouTube.

1 Like