I have to reschedule the a Jan 2027 biometric appointment of one of my family members. Anyone has similar experience recently ( from 2026) can share? Do you get the new appointment? How long do you wait to get the new appointment? Can you pick the time or it is also in random?
Move heaven and earth to avoid rescheduling. AIMA is not able to handle normal load, let alone special requests.
If you/your representative can’t reach AIMA to reschedule (likely the case), then at least heed this advice…
Sounds like no one has positive result with rescheduling the appointment. It’s a nightmare.
I missed my biometric appointment scheduled for 8 April 2026 because the airspace in Kuwait was closed due to the war in the Middle East involving the US and Iran, and all flights were cancelled.
Since then, I have been continuously following up with AIMA, and my lawyer has also been pursuing the matter and explaining the force-majeure circumstances with all the necessary supporting documents. However, it has now been more than five months, and unfortunately there is still no new appointment or any clear indication of when it will be scheduled.
Someone advised me to consider going to court against AIMA, but I honestly don’t know how effective that would be
Better not to miss ![]()
My spouse will probably miss his biometrics in January 2027. We are still deciding how important this is to us.
I will probably ask our attorney to attempt to reschedule him and see what happens. If it absolutely goes nowhere, we may just drop him from the GV application.
We can lean on EU family reunification as/if needed if I make it to citizenship. In this scenario, at least 1 of us will be free from the quagmire
We are still keeping full exit on the table, of course.
FWIW, I would assume this ALSO would lead to (extra) bureaucratic hell
Not that there are any paths without bureaucratic hell, but you can absolutely make it worse on yourself
@garrett what do you mean? Does dropping an family member affect the primary applicant’s GV negatively?
I am pointing out that it seems to me that any nonstandard application will confuse or delay aima as they try and figure out what to do about it