SEF Portugal GV Statistics

Here are links to latest SEF GV statistics:

-US applicants are surging
-Even before current situation, Russia applicants have virtually disappeared.
-Despite record backlog of applications, number of permits issued is same as 1 and even 2 years ago.
-Investment fund option now at 30% compared to 10% from two years ago. (roughly correlates to percentage of US investors)

4 Likes

Does anyone know if or where the post September 2023 statistics are available?

I chatted with Christian Henrik Nesheim in late November. He couldn’t find any stats on the SEF or AIMA sites, and it’s kind of his job…

He used to write these excellent monthly PT GV analysis articles - but October was the last I recall. I’m due to reply to him on something else, so will ask if he’s seen anything.

Perhaps now that AIMA is showing signs of life (e.g. the Pre-approvals thread, starting 20-Jan here), they’ll actually have some stats to publish :roll_eyes:

Update - just heard back from Christian:

“I am still waiting for AIMA to release statistics. Nothing has been published by SEF or AIMA since September last year. I don’t know when to expect statistics or whom to ask. Quite frustrating because we used to report on this every month.”

Maybe he can spend this down time investigating application processing statistics rather than restating SEF’s PDFs? That would be much more interesting to those still “in the queue”. Knowing SEF finalized another 100 applications each month doesn’t tell us as much as other (seemingly unavailable) statistics might.

But if hes a journalist, he should do some digging! Maybe buy the head of AIMA lunch. :fish:

New article on this topic hit today.

Unfortunately, as are many news articles from English language news sites the article is completely irrelevant talking about the current trends yet citing statistics from pre-September 2023.