SEF processing time for initial application?

It simply means they have requested additional documentation from you and are awaiting the documentation to continue analysis.

1 Like

Thank you, @anon16151502. That is what I have figured and submitted the indicated missing document… three weeks ago. My status is still “stuck” at “Aguarda Envio”.

Is someone asleep at the helm? :slight_smile:

Give it another month and then you can start to get concerned. I doubt they are actively waiting for your document. It will take them time to work through the pile.

1 Like

@anon16151502, thank you for the words of encouragement! I know, patience is a virtue in this process. I guess a sip of Courvoisier is in order… :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

I just learned that SEF wanted property registry to be updated to current date. Now awaiting submission.
Initial application sent Oct 21. Not sure how soon SEF will update as we already updated the registry.
Anyone else had similar experience on timing?
So frustrating.

1 Like

I’m sorry, what? You have to resubmit? I’m not quite sure I understand.

per lawyer, not resubmit, but update just one document. I think that was the common message

1 Like

Oh, phew. Haha. Thank you, I nearly had a panic attack LOL

1 Like

That is indeed my situation: I just needed to upload one document that wasn’t marked as “required” upon initial submission, but apparently is now “quintessential” for the SEF processing agent (I presume). That’s why my status was reverted back “Aguarda Envio” so that an on-line submission became possible (from a software developer’s perspective, this is a very poor web design :slight_smile: ). Now, it is a waiting game before the SEF will return back to re-review the application package.

No update on the timing, unfortunately… Just plenty of hope for now.

1 Like

Roman, when did you resubmit the document? Did your lawyer have any idea how soon this gets resolved?

1 Like

I submitted it over three weeks ago. And unfortunately my lawyer does not have any idea when this issue will be addressed. I am planning to “ping” her again on Monday, the 28th.

Roman,
Thank you.
Do you mind shaing what “quintessential” doc was needed? Our lawyer resubmitted doc(property registry) last week. Please share any update and I will do the same.

They requested verification of my tax status in the U.S.

I will certainly post any new developments and timelines as those unfold.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Finally some movement today: the status of my application has switched to “Aguarda Análise” (Awaiting Analysis). I haven’t seen this one before, but I presume it should be just about the last step before “Candidatura Aceite” (Application Accepted) like my wife. At least she is (almost) legal!.. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks much for sharing.
Interesting about the difference between under analysis and awaiting analysis

1 Like

Hi all,
what’s the latest on submission dates and approvals? Can anybody share what dates are approved now. Thanks!

1 Like

I applied Oct 10th, 2021.
Added my wife on Oct 19th, 2021.
I am still in “Aguarda Análise”
My wife is pre-approved as of Feb 1st, 2021.

Go figure… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The latest information is still shared at the following threads:
Approvals after initial submission are at: Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2) (and also) SEF processing time for initial application?
SEF appointments after pre-approval are at: Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3)
There has been steady movement in pre-approvals, until last week.

2 Likes

I was finally pre-approved yesterday - my application was submitted 7/31/21 so the wait was just about 31 weeks. Now for the biometrics wait…

7 Likes

Congrats. Were you asked by SEF to update any document during the entire process?

1 Like