SEF processing time for initial application?

Guys, SEF are opening the slots of December and January starting todays so contact your lawyer to grab you slots.
Good luck all

5 Likes

HI everyone… Quick question. My lawyer just shared an update on my application with image of the ARI application which shows status as ‘Awaiting payment confirmation’.

He mentioned “Kindly note this is just pending payment of the Immigration Office analysis fees, as this can only be completed a few days after the application is submitted.”

Is my application completed or it will only complete after the payment. would hate to miss the 31st December deadline as i am going the fund route…

Would appreciate any and all inputs…

Divyesh,
You have to wait for 48 hours before you make the SEF payment. Warning: Do not make payment before that.
Once you complete the Payment, it will turn to “Em Analise” after a day I think. Which means its under analysis. From then you wait for the preapproval.

Anyone who applied in September 2021. Have you gotten approval yet ?
Mine is running at 12 weeks now since payment.

1 Like

I am at 11 weeks and have not received the pre approval yet. I spoke with my lawyer a couple days ago and she had just received one from early September, so ~14 weeks on that one.

Of course now that we are into Xmas week, all of SEF may have gone on holiday for the rest of the year so might all be waiting a bit longer. :man_shrugging:

We are 14+ weeks and counting. Application was submitted second week Sep. Have been told it’s normal.

Hi guys, I also submitted in September 2021 (23rd) and am approaching 17 weeks. Any news for you guys on preapproval?

Hi - FWIW - our pre-approvals finally came through in the first week of Jan so approx 15 weeks.

4 Likes

Hi all,
I have been informed by the Lawyers that indeed SEF moved to the chronological principal for pre-approvals. And that now they issue approvals for submission filed in June/July. Anybody in this thread who filed after June/July and got pre-approved already?
Thanks!

1 Like

This thread gives you information on submission and pre-approval dates/status. Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3).

For pre-approval dates more recently, this thread may be more appropriate…

Though pre-approvals have always been chronological, I wonder if @ekrotova meant to say SEF appointments as opposed to pre-approvals (which only recently moved to being chronological), in which case the thread you suggest is the more appropriate one.

1 Like

Thanks Jim. You gave the right link. I inadvertently copied the wrong one.

1 Like

I wanted to add my data point to the conversation, although I’m not sure how useful it is now. Applied Sept 17, 2021 Preapproval January 7, 2022

1 Like

I just wanted to add to this that I did not receive any sort of notification email from SEF about the preliminary approval. I happened to see it by checking the SEF web page regularly. So make sure log in to check.

1 Like

Application submitted Oct. 21, payment settled on Oct. 28. Still waiting for pre-approval.

How does one check their application status on the SEF web page? My lawyers submitted my application on Oct 15th 2021 and I haven’t even received pre-approval until now. Is there a way for me to check it myself or is the only way to ask my lawyers for a status update? They’re generally very slow to respond. :frowning:

My lawyers set up the SEF account so we would both have access to the login. Once they did that, I could log in myself and check the status. There is a thread on the forum to set that up, but I did not do it that way, the lawyers did it for me. Here’s the thread: https://community.nomadgate.com/t/howto-sef-account-setup-to-allow-your-lawyer-and-you-to-access-the-account/43497

SEF have finally removed that annoying sentence from my application:
Não é possível concluir a candidatura porque o tipo de investimento aguarda regulamentação

Is this the same for anyone else who have had it on their online application for months?

same for me, they have removed it.

Indeed they have, though my application status is still “stuck” in “Aguarda Envio” even though I had submitted documents in October '21 and was in “Em análise” for over three months.

Anyone else has the same “backwards” status change?