Switching from a Golden Visa to a D7

Hi Lourenço. I thought you were over the worst after the April saga on fingerprints!

Others will chip in on D7 rules, but it appears certain that you have to apply from the nearest Portuguese consulate in the country where you are currently resident. I understand that one CANNOT apply once in Portugal. I note that the link to the Portugal embassy in HK goes to Macau, and note your point about not being able to travel there in the current lockdown.

The shipping issue might be easier to sort out – a recent poster had a similar issue and their solution was to have their household effects stored in port - see [Moving to Portugal before GV residency cards are issued - #9 by WuhanBatVirus]. Worth getting in touch directly on potential solutions? Thinking out of the box — if D7-Macau application is out of the question for now, and storage in port is an option (although at a cost), would storage enable you to wait it out until card receipt?
Alternatively, has the potential buyer stated that a date later than July is out of the question?

Depending on the books you write… there’s material here!!

2 Likes