The Ultimate Guide to the Greek Golden Visa

Residency by investment, or perhaps eventually, citizenship by investment, is certainly growing in popularity for those who want to establish a new life in a different country. As a result, there are many Golden Visa programs out there for you to choose from. One that particularly stands out to us is the Greek Golden Visa. If you are an EU third-country national and you are looking for a path to residency (or even citizenship) in the EU economic area, or you are a non-EU retiree, self-employed, or digital nomad wanting to establish a home, and have enough money to invest in Greek real estate - then the Greek Golden Visa option should definitely be high on your list.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://nomadgate.com/greek-golden-visa-guide/
3 Likes

Hi, this is a very nice article, thanks very much for a very useful introduction to the Greek Golden Visa.
My goal would be to become a Greek resident through property investment and live there. All the guides on the golden visa are very clear that you cannot work in Greece, by which I think they mean you cannot be employed and paid by a company based in Greece. But I assume I am right in thinking that I will still be able to work for my UK company, either by travelling to the UK or by working remotely in Greece? And am I also right that I can continue to work on e.g. short-term contracts in other EU countries, either remotely or in person (assuming I can get an appropriate work permit for working there in person)?

Thank you Sam
I must admit that the Greek Golden Visa is appearing more appealing to me. Initially, since my ultimate aim is to get an EU passport, Portugal was the go-to destination due to its low residency requirement etc. But recent trends with SEF and the appointments taking 12 months in some instances means that the timeline from start to finish can take up to 9-10 years. Its loosing its attraction to me I therefore started seriously considering Greece.

Do you have any idea what the effects of the pandemic on the timeline? Is it as disastrous as Portugal?
Godfrey

Are you confident that you will get a passport from the Greek Golden Visa program? Everything I’ve heard indicates that Greece only guarantees residency for GV investors. The claim is that Greece never approves citizenship unless you are of Greek descent. Check Nomad Capitalist articles and videos for example.

Thanks. After I received your message, I delved deeper using Nomad Capitalist, viewed some of their Greek Golden Visa videos on YouTube. They were eye opening. I am back to seeing how I can make Portugal work. I just hope SEF ups their game sooner Regards

1 Like

Did you ever get the answer to this work in Greece for an non-EU company question? We are trying to understand the same thing.

Kelly

Hello,
After the latest news on the end of the Portugal GV, I’m considering Greece instead. Does anyone have advice on/experience with purchasing real estate there?
Thanks!